Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hattingh

Sidewinder Joystick problem

Guest Hattingh

I have a problem with my MS Sidewinder Joystick ever since I loaded the payware version of FSUIPC for FS9. For some reason the Throttle on the Joystock does not work properly. All other fuction work fine but the Throttle only works as Full open or Full closed. There are no middle settings. I have tried recalabrating it but this did not help.Does anyone have a solution for me.RegardsMike

Have you tried temporarily removing FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini files out of your modules folder and seeing if the problem is corrected. If it is corrected replace the FSUIPC.dll back into the modules folder, restart FS2004, and recheck your throttle.Did you follow the FSUIPC directions to make changes to your fs9.cfg files joystick section? If so, recheck to see if you mistakenly adjusted the throttle values. You might also rename your fs9.cfg to fs9.ORIGINAL, restart FS2004, let it stabilize, then see if the throttle is working correctly with FSUIPC still in the modules folder. If the throttle now works, then review the values in the new fs9.cfg joystick section. If it still doesn't work, remove FSUIPC.dll from your modules folder and see if it works properly.Lastly, make sure you have the most updated version of FSUIPC.W. Sieffert

Guest Hattingh

I removed FSUIPC and the Throttle works fine. When I replace it the Throttle goes back to it's old problem. If I change any of the settings in the FS9.cfg under Joystick throttles to those suggested in the FSUIPC manual the throttle stops working all together.I checked the Net and have the latest version of FSUIPC.Mike

Guest JoeW

Try unplugging the joystick, waiting a few seconds and repluging it. You can do this without turning the machine off. Do not touch the joystick after it's plugged back in for at least 2 minutes...Give the software time to reload.Joe W.

Guest Hattingh

Thanks Joe. I tried it but sadley no luck. What ever it is,it is directly link to FSUIPC because all works fine with out it.Mike

Hi thereHave you checked the Joysticks tab on FSUIPC to make sure that the throttle axis is "Not Processed" by FSUIPC?Do you have any other controllers which might be confusing things. I have a home-built throttle quadrant which likes (by default) to map its axes to rudder, elevator and throttle, doubling up with my main joystick and causing erratic control responses.Hope you find the gremlinCheersLungs

Guest Hattingh

Hi LungsI am not sure I know what you mean when you say "not processed" by FSUIPC. I have no other game controllers connected to my PC though.Mike

Start the flight simulator, click the Modules menu item, click FSUIPC, click the Joystick tab, ensure you are on page 1 of 7, check the throttle box, if the reset button is shown, click it, and a set button should appear, you can have the checkbox "Map to 4 throttles.." checked as that should not cause any problems. Go to page three. Check the top left box. If the reset button is shown, click it, and a set button should appear. If any of the other boxes have the reset button, click them and the set button should appear.At this point, FSUIPC should not have any control over your throttle.W. Sieffert

Guest Hattingh

That is it. It works !! Thankyou so very much for all your help and to all the others that gave their advice. I really do appreciate it and hope that any other simmer who has the same problem will find this thread in the forum.Thanks once again.RegardsMike