Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Air Marshalls...Out of control?

Guest TerryT

Unfortunately, this will continue in the name of safety until someone gets gets kill by mistake. Terry

From what I hear, the TSA has had to lower their standards in order to fill their ranks. When you do that, you get cowboys like these two guys. You see, in small towns the liablity is too great to have these kind of guys on the police force so eventually being fired or forced to resign. However the US goverment don't give a crap about liability. While they have a lot of good guys and gals working there, they have there share of rotten apples as well.

Eric 

Guest emergency_pants

I think cowboys is a good description from what I read... although I'm sure the account is somewhat over-dramatic.They sound like small-town meatheads who joined for the thrill and for the powertrip. Very nasty. It's like having nightclub bouncers on a plane!!!!!!! I'm glad we don't have this in Europe or I'd never fly. I'm sure I'm not the only one and I think the airlines know this. Sounds like the airlines don't get a choice over your side of the Atlantic.Simon.

Guest Hampton_Man

"Rajcoomar, to the best of our knowledge, had been observing too closely..."what does that mean. i'm sure anyone with a passing interest in aviation will be oberserving what goes on onboard an aircraft. if someone is getting his ##### whooped next to me you're damn right i'm gonna observe... lol. america will associate people of middle eastern and indian descent with terrorism for a long time to come... an attitude fed by racism, "patriotism", and the need for a scapegoat.america is so eager to blame someone else for what happens as opposed to taking a few minutes to examine possibly what it's doing wrong. things always get messed up when the GOP is in control.

>america is so eager to blame someone else for what happens >as opposed to taking a few minutes to examine possibly what >it's doing wrong. things always get messed up when the GOP >is in control. Amazing...:-roll

"america is so eager to blame someone else for what happens as opposed to taking a few minutes to examine possibly what it's doing wrong. things always get messed up when the GOP is in control."Sir I do not know which country you are from, I hope like hell your not an american citizen. All I can say is that this country has done more to give you the freedoms to make such a ignorant statement as that. If you are a american then I will be more than happy to start a collections to purchase you a ticket out of this country and I am sure there will be plenty of contributers. If you are as I suspect from europe then the next time that your freedom is threaten perhaps our country will think twice before sending 1000's of our sons to die and spend millions in order to keep you free. :-mad Mitch

Guest Bob I

After be searched, which included opening all bags, and removing my western boots for inspection, boarding began. There were a total of 43 passengers on the Delta B767 for a 12:05 pm departure. As we taxied out for a takeoff on runway 04, the copilot pointed out the 4 F-18's on alert on the west side of the runway, and while he was at it, he reminded us of a new rule, "he never said whose rule it was", that we must all remain seated for the first thirty minutes of flight, and no one must move. Now, my mind translated that to mean if you get up, you will be shot by a Sky Martial. Not one person got up to P for the duration of the flight, which was 2 hours and 7 minutes. Folks, it's no fun to fly any more. And believe be, after 42 years in the aviation business, I have done my share.... No More... The Evil Ones Have Won...Bob I

> All I can say is that this country has done more to give you the freedoms to make such a ignorant statement as that. If you are a american then I will be more than happy to start a collections to purchase you a ticket out of this country

I never said that you or anyone else did not have the freedoms to make the ignorant statements which have been made, however by the same freedom I can voice my disagreement with these statements. Also, I trully beleive that if it where not for the United States of America none of us would have these freedoms. I also pointed out the fact that you have the right to live where you want. Mitch

Fed by a few facts as well, wouldn't you agree?>"Rajcoomar, to the best of our knowledge, had been observing >too closely..." >>what does that mean. i'm sure anyone with a passing >interest in aviation will be oberserving what goes on >onboard an aircraft. if someone is getting his ##### >whooped next to me you're damn right i'm gonna observe... >lol. america will associate people of middle eastern and >indian descent with terrorism for a long time to come... an >attitude fed by racism, "patriotism", and the need for a >scapegoat. >>america is so eager to blame someone else for what happens >as opposed to taking a few minutes to examine possibly what >it's doing wrong. things always get messed up when the GOP >is in control.

Hi Bob,I don't want to argue with you on your point, but perhaps offer a counter to "Folks, it's no fun to fly any more". First off I very well would not like an armed "cowboy" ruining my flight either, but none-the-less...Since just after 9/11 I have had the fortune to have flown some 14 different flight segments, and I'll actually fly six more by the end of September. I am not a most frequent flyer by any means. But by pure circumstance I've flown more in the last one year than in the last 5 (or maybe 10) combined.I have not had one negative experience. I've been with people that have been just shy of strip searched, I had armed Mexican authorities rummage through my check in and carry on luggage by hand (in public) and I boarded a plane to Mexico at the very same time CNN was announcing the initial action in Afghanistan. Neither my traveling companions or I were the "put off" by anyone's action, and in most cases we maintained a pretty good sense of humor about the whole issue.Did I think twice about it - you bet. Was I a little nervous - you bet. But then again even though I am a private pilot (low time) I always get a little anxious flying when I think about VFR traffic in ascent and descent, the fact that someone else is "driving", and just what caused some of those other incidents anyways...But, I got to fly in several AC new to me, A319, A320, A321, and the Dash-8. I visited at least two new final destinations. I had the best airport food ever in San Francisco. One US Air pilot should get an award for a perfect level of in flight communication, and he finished his little "end of the flight speech" with a simple "GOD bless AMERICA", and that made me feel good. Oh, and, not a grumpy cabin crew yet. So bring along a tissue, look for my greasy nose print on the window, just wipe it away and enjoy the view!Have a great one.Joe

Joe Lorenc