Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

The knowledge is there ..but.....

Guest Shocky

Hey all Since I suffered a HDD crash 2 weeks ago I lost everything, spent almost 2 weeks tweaking FS almost non-stop in every free hour I got..Anyways , yesterday I had some time to fly for the first time in two weeks..So I got the Bremen EDDW scenery from Oliver Pabst from the library which btw does not seem to work in 2004...or atleast it makes FS crash.It has auto-docking jetways , just as his PMI scenery but .. "why isn't the feature of auto-docking jetways used more often in sceneries?" It is such a great thing to see the jetway connect to your aircraft's door..:-hahAnyone with an explanation for this..:-hmmm :-waveshocky :-hah"You talk so much , but you say so little" :-boom

The first scenery I got by Oliver was LEPA for FS2k, then updated to work in FS2k2, that was amazing and I think a trial run for future scenery.Not only did it have docking jetways it also had a 'follow me' car that detected the type of aircraft you were flying and took you to the correct gate. The number of active gates was limited as was the type of aircraft but it showed promise.In fact I think Oliver was the first to model the 'service armada'.Apart from LEPA and EDDW I don't recall seeing any other scenery by him, has he left, gone payware or what?Talking of docking jetways my 2 main payware sceneries do have them. They are UK airports (various) by Gary Summons and SimFlyers scenery. I am sure other payware scenery also includes them now.

Hi Shocky,Not to hijack your thread, but if you don't mind I'd like to comment on the format of your forum messages. I find centered text really hard to read, and the colors don't help much either. I know it's your call and all, but would you consider going to a left-justified format? It would make understanding what you've got to say oh so much easier! No offense, mate. Just a personal preference. :-)thanks,

Guest Shocky

Hey Bill and Vulcan thanks for the replies :DI adjusted the text, it was time for something new anyways :(Yeah pretty sad that this nice feature isn't used more often...Well I hope that some scenery designers read this and consider to build this feature in their sceneries. :-hah :-waveshocky :-hah"If God had really intended men to fly, he'd made it easier to get to the airport " :-boom

Yeah, it's a great idea and I'd love to see it in action. As a scenery designer though, I'm not sure how he did it. I do know that messing around with Gmax BGLC code and doing complex conditional animations can drive anyone nuts after a while. I'm always researching new tricks I can do with scenery though, so I'll put this on the wish list, too. Nice text in your message now, btw ;-).thanks,