Sign in to follow this  
gstewartsax

soft mute

Hi, I can;t seem to get the soft mute function to work. I've set Backspace as my PTT button in fsuipc and SB4 and gone into the fs2crew folder and chnged the fs2_Main=Backspace and it doesn;t do anything, the FO hears all commands and acts on them. Do I need to reboot after the change? Does backspace need to be all caps? Any advice would be great.thanks,Grant

Hi, I can;t seem to get the soft mute function to work. I've set Backspace as my PTT button in fsuipc and SB4 and gone into the fs2crew folder and chnged the fs2_Main=Backspace and it doesn;t do anything, the FO hears all commands and acts on them. Do I need to reboot after the change? Does backspace need to be all caps? Any advice would be great.thanks,Grant
You'll know if Soft Mute is working when you see an "M" icon appear on the FS2Crew Main panel.Try using the default Left Control assignment as a test.Note you can also just as easily use Hard Mute... You can also assign Hard Mute to a button... this is described in the manual.Cheers,

hi,Got it working, used #5 and it worked ,don;t know why it didn;t work with the other keys I tried before that. Resolved anyways. One more question,it seems that something has changed in my cock[pit sound where the volume is being adjusted or leveled out,ie a louder sound or click will and the over all volume will go down ,any ideas?I appreciate the great service from you guys.thanks,Grant

hi,Got it working, used #5 and it worked ,don;t know why it didn;t work with the other keys I tried before that. Resolved anyways. One more question,it seems that something has changed in my cock[pit sound where the volume is being adjusted or leveled out,ie a louder sound or click will and the over all volume will go down ,any ideas?I appreciate the great service from you guys.thanks,Grant
Hi Grant,The FS2Crew volume control should only control the volume of the FS2Crew flight crew.It doesn't touch any of the default FSX/FS9 sound sliders.Cheers,

Hello,For some reason (after a fresh install of fsx and fs2crew etc) my soft mute is not working. When I press the soft mute the red M appears, but the FO still reacts (sometimes when something is indeed recognized).Any suggestions?Kind regards,Joris