Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shocky

Our Great American Constitution and Avsim Forum

Guest PilatusTurbo

Tim, I say I must disagree with Avsim's Forum Policy of deleting posts that criticize Payware companies. I believe that it is my Constitutional right to speak out if I wish. This country is built on the premise of speaking out against what we dislike, in fact, it's encouraged.How is deleting a topic that criticizes a company not a violation of our Rights? I understand you have your rules on this forum, but I feel as if I'm not allowed to SAY what I wish to my peers.If AVsim.com isn't based in America, I would assume this is void. But if Avsim.com is based in America, I believe we should be able to say what we wish unless it's vulgar and/or profane. I can understand deleting topics giving out personal information such as email or address, but why just a critical topic? Criticism should be allowed here. Without Friendly constructive criticism, nothing would ever get better.This is a serious question, and I did not come here to start a fight with you, nor did I come to challenge your authority on this forum. I say this with the utmost professionalism. I appreciate your consideration.If anyone feels compelled to reply, please do, I like hearing other opinions. Thanks.

You do have a right to say what you want. The same right that allows AVSIM to tell you to do it somewhere else.GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest PilatusTurbo

Thank you for the reply Griddley. I'm sorry I upset you with this topic. I mean not to offend anyone with this topic.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not upset in the least! I happen to agree with you - but I understand that AVSIM is a commercial enterprise. Something has to pay the bills around here, and its not the forums. If what is being posted in the forums may jeopardize a relationship with AVSIM and its source of funding, they have every right to control what information is present here. Its their show, after all.EDIT: and you have to admit, these pages are rife with misinformation!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Sigh... here we go again. You read our rules and agreed to those BEFORE you accepted a UserID here. Read them again: http://forums.avsim.com/toc.htmlIf you don't like the rules, which have been around for years and which you apparently agreed to recently, then I suppose you know what to do.

Guest PilatusTurbo

Very nicely put Griddley, I didn't think about it that way. You're all too right, they're the best Freeware download site. THey don't make you do annoying things like Sign in just to download something.Thank you Avsim for being free and continuing to stay free to all who want it. That's a great thing. I've had Avsim set as my homepage for two years now.

Guest PilatusTurbo

I wasn't Hostile Tom, I don't know why you have to be. I'm not going to post here anymore, so don't worry.

Guest Shocky

We have the right to say whatever we want about something, or atleast give our opinion about certain matters...as long as it's done in a respectful way. Then you say that AVsim has the right to tell us to do it somewhere else...To me that sounds like we can't say what we want cause if some forum moderators do not like what has been said,they delete or lock the topic.In my opinion I can say whatever I want about a developer or whatever . If I don't like a product wether I paid for it or not I have every right to say I don't like it no matter how many hours they spent makin that plane or scenery.I get the feelin that these"You are free to express your own opinion"and "it's a free country" kind of thingies are just things that don't mean anything.. cause time after time it's proven that if something bad is said about Designers , Developers etc. the topics are either end up locked or deleted....I wonder what the point of a "Discussion" forum is if everybody has to be politically correctEdit: Just like I thought Locked....again.... what a surprise :-roll :-waveshocky :-hah"You talk so much , but you say so little" :-boom