Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Lost RC after abbording Takeoff

Hi.startet at KLAX, I got somehow lost at the airport taxiing to the right runway. So I had to abbord the takeoff. I taxiied to the right one and stood there for ages. No clearance for takeoff came. I started the takeoff and after I already was in the air, RC told me I can takeoff now. After that I flew as planed but RC did not tell me any flightlevel but kept telling me the air pressure. Strange, I was already well above FL18!Still no chatter, no other radio contact. I even dialed to the center frequency manual without luck.So, what to do now? I am still on my way to KSEA...

Things to check:You must be close enough to the runway for RC to give clearance on to it. Be sure you have updated FSUIPC and makewys according to the links posted in the topic at the head of the forum. Rebuild your scenery database fter installing the new makerwys insuring when asked you have the correct path to FS in it. The scenery rebuild with updated makerwys (the same version is for FSX and FS9) to correctly get your airport data into RC with some advanced sceneries so the exact relationship of your aircraft position to the runway edge is known. In some scenery the holding point because of angled taxi way entry is too far back for RC recognition. In addition in large aircraft where the pilot is high up in the cockpit and is well forward the vision angle gives the appearance you are closer than you are.RC will stall if you do not respond to ack requests including the chance you might not get credit for waypoints crossed. If your first waypoint after take-off is very close to the runway the fly over limits and the minimum bank protection of large aircraft may cause a missed waypoint. It is recommended that you exclude those from the plan loaded into RC including VORs on the airport since they may not be in your path if you are making a turn back to fly over them and they can be easy to miss with the RC departure credit limit. In addition things are pretty busy during take-off plus RC uses its own comm frequencies (as noted on the RC preflight controller page). Use the RC option to Tune On Contact and let RC tune comm 1. Keep apprised of the next waypoint and heading to it displayed on the RC in flight window upper status area to insure you are getting waypoint credits. Also, in the extended menu of RC (9 by default) you'll find a direct-to option that can be used to skip a waypoint if you miss it. When ever you use that or get a command from RC to navigate to the next waypoint or resume navigation that is from your present position direct to that next waypoint. Do not return to your original path.Especially with the number of add-ons that may be running you may have RC performance problems keeping up and giving waypoint credits if you use accelerated FS flight especially over 2X.Consider using the freeware AI Smooth Version 1.2 (for FS9 and FSX) to separate incoming traffic on approach to make your AI queue reduced and also allow you to squeeze in between arrivals. It is in the FSX Utilities library section here on AVSIM.To keep RC performance up disable the PreRecorded Chatter option and Display Text should be off. Interact With AI should be on as well as Interact with AI to hear actual AI chatter.Let us know how you make out.. . . and yes. I too have taxied to the incorrect runway even using charts mistaking the correct runway of a parallel or nearly parallel set. :)

Hi ronzie,I cannot find this tool "AI Smooth Version 1.2" anywhere here... would be kind if you give me a link.All your other text does not tell me any new details. Thank you anyway a real lot!I have the latest fsuipc, I have all my very many addons in good management and order as well as RC is up to date with my afcads and sceneries.But yes, it may have been a issue that my frst waypoints where too close, so I missed them. I had to turn around to catch them. I did catch them, still RC did not count all of them. RC got very confused I guess. Ah I did not fly with time accelleration at the time RC lost me. Normaly RC has no issue with me having many waypoints very close to the airport I am starting from. I fly SIDs and STARs and fly the STARs mostly IAP.

In the AVSIM FSX Utility Library the filename is aismooth_v120.zip. A search on aismooth turned it up. This last version is for FSX and FS9.Category: Flight Simulator X - UtilitiesAISmooth V1.20 I do not in my browser show a specific link, sorry.In its settings turn off ATC voice or you'll hear both that and RC ATC. Turn off Show ATC messages. You can leave Respond to User Aircraft On unless it interferes with AI control. I choose to leave it off.AI aircraft jets can approach fast at about 2.5 miles per minute. I choose a 65 second separation time on final to give me just under three miles.If you use Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX be sure you have it set to spawn AI at maximum so they exist in time for AI Smooth to control them and RC approach to recognize them.When loading or creating a flight in FS AI play catch-up within a certain window around there departure and arrival schedules and tend to bunch up. During the first few minutes clusters of AI will taxi to the runway and clusters will show up on approach after a minute or two. This causes backup of the take-off queue and a dense arrival count on approach. AISmooth will help.Make sure again that makerwys is at 4.41 or later for accurate scenery data.

Yes, I am sporting the latest makerwys.lot for that!I did not tell that I have had this RC problem while using FS9.1 not FSX. I turn on Time Exc 8x for a short period in order to get ridd of the AI ahead of me crowding the taxi to the active runway as well as for the big bunch of AI approaching... I will play around with the aismooth v120 for sure! Thank you a real lot for that! http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=92849

If you have both FSX and FS9 here are some things to check:From that pinned links topic get and run the registry checker/fixer from flight1.com.I think RC enables the FSUIPC feature to set a hot key to toggle different traffic densities. You can set one at zero and the other at your normal setting. Toggling that key will delete and restart AI. FSUIPC has a traffic zapper function that will take out an AI within a narrow range in front of your nose and I think that feature is enabled by RC. If you can't use the FSUIPC functions advance your FS time by one minute to cause an AI refresh.To insure you are starting the correct RC from the folder set to work with each version of FS, name your shortcut for each one for the installation setup for the version of FS you are using. I keep my FS paths in a text file with a shortcut on the desktop. My content is:h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9which I copy to paste into the dialog box when rebuilding a scenery database. In your case you might want a text file that has a path for each sim.We have had cases where the user started RC for one sim but used the path in building the scenery database for the other sim. This caused RC not to see the aircraft close enough to the runway, among other things, do to the incorrect scenery used (gathered from scenery.cfg).

Yes, I am sporting the latest makerwys.lot for that!I did not tell that I have had this RC problem while using FS9.1 not FSX. I turn on Time Exc 8x for a short period in order to get ridd of the AI ahead of me crowding the taxi to the active runway as well as for the big bunch of AI approaching... I will play around with the aismooth v120 for sure! Thank you a real lot for that! http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=92849
you shot yourself in the foot by going 8x. all bets are off at 4x. you can always set a "nuke" key, to get rid of the ai, all of them. i think mine is "\". you could have slewed in front of the ai, for that matter, which might have been better all around.jd