Sign in to follow this  
blackheart2502

Traffic + PMDG

Can any of you that have third party traffic add-ons give me their opinion of which one they like best? Particularly which one seems to have the lowest FPS hit. I tried the demo for the Flight 1 traffic with the J41 and took me down into the single digits FPS. When I turned the view away from the traffic I shot right back up to 25 FPS in the VC. I really want to enjoy traffic again. I had it on FS9 on my old computer and it ran fine without a major FPS hit. Are the FSX traffic programs just so detailed that they eat resources? Thanks for any advice.Hiram Hunt

Can any of you that have third party traffic add-ons give me their opinion of which one they like best? Particularly which one seems to have the lowest FPS hit. I tried the demo for the Flight 1 traffic with the J41 and took me down into the single digits FPS. When I turned the view away from the traffic I shot right back up to 25 FPS in the VC. I really want to enjoy traffic again. I had it on FS9 on my old computer and it ran fine without a major FPS hit. Are the FSX traffic programs just so detailed that they eat resources? Thanks for any advice.Hiram Hunt
Tried WOAI, they're great and don't have much of an FPS impact compared to others...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

WOAI - World Of AI. I used them for a long time before a hard drive reformat. Great models and lots of airlines, and it's free. Only disadvantage is every single airline has to be downloaded separately so whole process takes ages.Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Yeh that can be a problem, but then you can only choose airlines for the airports you fly to and not some random airline from Timbucktoo...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I actually used to have WOAI for quite some time and because the models were fs9 native I had some problems with it, fps being the biggest of them (although the models themselves were great -- they use flaps for takeoff Big%20Grin.gif). But I bought Ultimate Traffic 2 and because the models were native to fsx I actually got much better frames with them, and they all came in one big package. WOAI does't have many US regional carriers, so that was also a major issue for me.Although I have spent countless hours tweaking the schedules and flights in the UT2 menus, (so Delta would fly 744s, A332... etc and I do not believe you can do that with WOAI as easily) I am very happy with UT2 and I would pick it up.Just my two cents,Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Only part about UT2 that really annoys me is the traffic resetting whenever you use a menu. I know it's a necessary evil but it definitely hurts immersion.

Only part about UT2 that really annoys me is the traffic resetting whenever you use a menu. I know it's a necessary evil but it definitely hurts immersion.
I agree with that, it can get frustrating at high traffic airports when after sitting around for 30 mins you press the esc key by mistake and all of the ground traffic resets. I'm glad the NGX will have menus in the FMS to avoid using the alt menus that cause that to happen.

Wallace

My vote goes for WOAI.Been using it for a while and no problems. Good paintjobs too.And it didn't take me "ages" to install it. In fact, you can group select multiple packages to inject into FS9/FSX when using their installer. Took me all of 2 minutes.

I don't use AI because I only ever fly online with the exception of testing out a newly purchased product. Only AI that I see is that generated with SquawkBox. I like to familiarise myself offline first so that I'm not pressing pause or not following ATC instructions while I try to figure out how to engage LNAV or something.

Where did you get all your WOAI? avsim library?Hiram Hunt
go to www.world-of-ai.com and download the installer and then whatever packages you choose.Regards

Wallace

I use World of AI for online models with FSInn. It works very well. I have no idea how the ai part is tho, as I only use it for multiplayer traffic. WOAI is freeware so its well worth a try.