Sign in to follow this  
Safelandings

MD-11 Liveries not working

Downloaded liveries from PMDG for the MD-11 (boxed version) don't show up in Variations. Only the PMDG House Livery is available. I use Fs2009. I have no problem with the PMDG B737-800 and PMDG 747-400. Here I can select all the downloaded liveries. Only when I start Fs2009 in administrator mode, I can select for example the MD-11 KLM Livery, but than I have problems with my Aerosoft airports, they don't show up. Can anyone help me?

Sorry, I made a mistake. I ment Fs2004 i.s.o. Fs2009. If this topic was mentioned before, pleace tell me, because I couldn't find it. The PMDG MD-11 was installed as administrator, following the manual. I don't know what will happen when I don't install as administrator and if that will help to solve my problem. For any answer, Kind regards.

I had a simular problem and realized that the path was incorrect for the loader. Since I have Windows 7, I had to go to "browse" and had to add (x86) after the word "Program Files". It is important to NOT place a space between Program Files and (x86). Otherwise it will not work. This method however depends on where your main FS9 folder is located. Mine is located in Program Files(x86) and not in Program Files. I also added the "Take Control of Your Files" download availabe from the Microsoft website which I understand helps self loaders locate FS9 and allows modification of files by the program. Additionally, I downloaded the latest Redistributable File from Microsofts FS 2004 website. They provide instructions for each and I can't emphasise enough to follow their instructions to the letter! You will have to install as Administrator. I hope this resolves the problem.

I'm sorry, the first files name is "Take Ownership" from Microsofts downloads website. Not "Take Control".

Thank you for your answer. I run on Windows Vista Home Premium. The path is Program Files / Microsoft Games / Flight Simulator 9. Under /Aircraft I find my PMDG B737-800, PMDG B747-400 and PMDG MD-11.Liveries for all three are in their aircraft folders. For example B737 has texture.KL and B747 has Texture.KL and MD-11 has Texture.KL1. The only difference is that the MD-11 (boxed version) had to be installed as Administrator. The B737 and B747 (both boxed version) not. I went to the downloadside from Microsoft and looked for Take Ownership. I found three titles but could not find out what it exactly can do for me. I'm sorry.