Sign in to follow this  
Guest Galant VR4

My New Computer!!

Guest Galant VR4

Today at work I finally bit the bullet and bought a new comp. Here some of the specs for the new machine.Dimension XPSPentium 4 Processor at 3.20GHz w/800MHz front side bus/ HT Technology Floppy Drive and Additional Storage Devices:3.5 in Floppy Drive and 128MB Dell USBMemory KeyMouse: Dell 2-button scroll mouse Secondary CD or DVD Drive: FREE UPGRADE! 48x CD-RW Drive with Sonic RecordNow Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2TM sound card with DVD Audio XPS Specialized Microsoft Worksuite including Money Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHzHard Drive: 120GB Serial ATA Hard Drive,7200RPM Network Interface: Integrated Intel® PRO 1000 Ethernet CD or DVD Drive: 16x DVD-ROM Drive Modem: 56K PCI Telephony Modem Video Card: NEW 256MB DDR ATI RADEONTM 9800 XT This computer was for other reasons than FS9, but will FS9 run ok on this machine?All comments are welcome.Thanks

Guest Shocky

lol It will probably run like crap *:-*J/k I don't think there are much newer system available at this time.. so I assume FS9 will run perfectly on it :-) :-waveshocky :-hah"You talk so much , but you say so little" :-boom

Guest Galant VR4

lol you guys are probably right, with my luck it will probably have nothing but issues with FS9. Oh well at least I'll still have my old computer.;-) Will I be able to max out most of the sliders on this setup?

Guest Shocky

definately! :DOfcourse you just can happen to have The one in a million setup that FS jsut doesn't like :( then it won't run at all *:-*but nah, you will most likely have no probs at all maxin everything out :-hahHave fun with your new system ;-) :-waveshocky :-hah"You talk so much , but you say so little" :-boom

Sounds like you will have a awsome setup for FS9! Im expecting my new computer (upgraded) to be here this week too. (next week the latest) I ordered the parts the weekend before thanksgiving.

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Not too bad, but you probably paid $1000+ more then had joe shmuck built it for you in the local shop.

Guest Galant VR4

Nope, My company is paying for the bulk of it. I still have to put in a little money though.

Guest Galant VR4

Today I got my new XPS well ahead of its expected arrival date of 12/10/03. I set everything up and then I finally got around to installing FS2004. For some reason I was expecting to be disappointed with the performance of FS2004 on this machine (I don

Guest SoarPics

Galant... sounds like a great rig! Congrats."This has been the best upgrade to my flight simming experience and at only $300 (company paid for the rest) it has been one of the cheapest."Say... could you send me an application for your company? :-)