Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

QW 787 front office preview

Have a look at this, I sense the 'bar' has been raised!
Dunno about that, but it does look nice. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Looks pretty good, of course they are renders and not the FS engine, but even so it all looks very nice.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Dunno about that, but it does look nice. :(
It does look nice, but those are only renders hehe.Plus I thought it was funny that someone said it will be the best looking VC for FS teeehee. It may be or not.There's another VC that seems to be the best, not yet released though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Even though those are renders as people have stated above, I don't think the quality will change all that much. The NGX from PMDG pics at first were all renders and it looks almost identical to what has been shown in the sim. They even posted a side by side comparison of a render and in game screenshot and the only difference was the lighting. The 3d aspect remained unchanged. All in all, I don't think that it will be the best VC but it will be in the family as the best in FS, thats for sure. I am really proud of the developers that are doing everything they can to push the limits of Fs as well as their own. I honestly never thought I would see something so detailed from an outfit like QW. Keep up the great work!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

<br />Even though those are renders as people have stated above, I don't think the quality will change all that much. The NGX from PMDG pics at first were all renders and it looks almost identical to what has been shown in the sim. They even posted a side by side comparison of a render and in game screenshot and the only difference was the lighting. The 3d aspect remained unchanged. All in all, I don't think that it will be the best VC but it will be in the family as the best in FS, thats for sure. I am really proud of the developers that are doing everything they can to push the limits of Fs as well as their own. I honestly never thought I would see something so detailed from an outfit like QW.  Keep up the great work!<br />
<br /><br /><br />Looks good, but for realism sake, I hope they include an accurate delay and failure model

The QW team have really stepped it up since their 757 initial offering. I fully support another quality (no pun intended) FS aircraft dev house. Great job so far guys!

Eric 

It does look nice.. although I am eagerly waiting for the Avroliner/146I can't help thinking of the Comet everytime I look at the 787 nose and flightdeck windows.

Have QW announced - or otherwise signaled - that there will be support for control input other than "cockpit clicking?" (E.g., hardware, other software add-ons, etc.)That's the single reason I haven't picked up their 757 package.

Have QW announced - or otherwise signaled - that there will be support for control input other than "cockpit clicking?" (E.g., hardware, other software add-ons, etc.)That's the single reason I haven't picked up their 757 package.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I know there has been some conversations about external hardware in their forums but I dont pay much attention since all I use are CH stuff and they work perfect. I have a friend that uses the Precision Flight Controls equipment and as far as I know he doesn't have any issues, or at least he hasn't mentioned any.I have the CH throttle quadrent as well and I have a lot of the switch functions mapped to it, AP on.off, AT on/off, lights, etc.

Jay

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I know there has been some conversations about external hardware in their forums but I dont pay much attention since all I use are CH stuff and they work perfect. I have a friend that uses the Precision Flight Controls equipment and as far as I know he doesn't have any issues, or at least he hasn't mentioned any.I have the CH throttle quadrent as well and I have a lot of the switch functions mapped to it, AP on.off, AT on/off, lights, etc.
I use VRinsight's MPanel as well as Multi Crew Experience for radios and autopilot settings. On several of QW's FAQ pages, QW states they have "No plans for [support of products such as VRinsight's MPanel] at this time." I'm hoping that's mainly intended for their 757 product at this time. (Call me lazy or whatever, but it's all about ease of use for me. :( )I also like FS2Crew Voice Command products, and have yet to see a QualityWings version. (I just did a cursory check....)Regards,

It does look nice.. although I am eagerly waiting for the Avroliner/146I can't help thinking of the Comet everytime I look at the 787 nose and flightdeck windows.
I'm also looking forward to the QW 146. Let's hope the autobrakes function on this one;)Boeing 787? *Yawn* Bored of all these "computer-flown" aircraft. Bring back seat of the pants flying.I also think the front of the 787 looks like the Comet..or the graceful Caravelle?!Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Comet and the Caravelle shared the same design for the cockpit section, with a very few alterations, hence their similarity. That cooperation was essentially the fledgling beginnings of what turned into the Airbus partnership.That QW 787 looks pretty nice, remains to be seen what the systems are like though, hopefully pretty accurate as it will be interesting to check such modern avionics out, even in flight sim form.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here