Sign in to follow this  
iKey

737 Cockpit picture (taken by me)

Hey all!Been sitting on the captain seat of a 737-800 today, when i came back from my vacation. I know a retired captain, who knows the captain of THIS flight, and he then invited me to the cockpit. Unfortunately, when i asked to visit the cockpit in the air, the cabin crew said no, but the Captain asked me today: "Why didn't you come while we were in the air?", he smiled. Well, i said: The crew didn't let me come in. He then was like ##### lol.Anyways, here's a picture i took while i was sitting on the captain seat. Taken from my iphone 4 so excuse the quality please.I got a 2nd picture but i'm not sure if i should load it up, as you can see the first officer on that pictureEDIT: I can't wait to fly this thing in real, and soon on my PC. But i can only say, it is, REALLY, an awesome feeling. Been 5 years from my last cockpit visit, and this time even sitting in the captain seat. It was awesome :D

Sounds like fun, and all too rare these days unfortunately.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah, unfortunately it's very difficult to pass that holy door that splits two different worlds.Hopefully it'll be possible to sit in there again soon..

Very nice picture to bad you couldn't get in during flight, I got to fly a lear jet co-pilot back and forth I was in my glory couldn't believe they let me, but dont tell anyone :) oh not during take off and landing thank god lol.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

The last time i went into a 737 cockpit in flight was 2006 lol. I was a kid, now my height is at about 1,90m which makes me look like a terrorist going to take over. :DIt's rather easy to convince the captain, but the cabin crew is always difficult :S. The captain was like: Why didn't you come in flight? I said: Because the steward didn't let me in, not to mention that he didn't even ask you. He said: What?. He was like: "How couldn't he?!" lolol. The steward meanwhile was behind me :DHopefully in a month again.

iKey,Very envious.I live in Spain but whilst travelling across the US last year (actually this week), The captain of a Delta 737-800 gave permission for me to enter 'the shrine' once landed so I could get some of my own pics for my current cockpit build. Alas, once everyone had got off the plane, the Capt was too busy with the ground crew to accomodate me. I was gutted and so was the wife as I had kept her waiting for quite some time only to be told 'He's too busy at the moment'One day !!!Gary

bussgarfield,I wish you the best buddy. I can give you a few pointers if you like.

Awesome Pic, you are really lucky to be in a 737 NG cockpit rolleyes.gif

I hopenyour dream of flying the jet in the real world comes true buddy! Good luck and I wish you the best. I don't know if you are in the states but over here, peoples' dreams of flying these aircraft are slowly fading away. It's getting harder and harder to get on with a major these days.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Thank you very much guys!I've been talking to a good friend who told me about how difficult it is in the US, not much of a difference in europe at the moment, but it's not an easy way to officially pass the door into the holy cockpit.The last time i had the honour to enter a cockpit was in 2005. I am now 19 years old, so yeah, i was still a kid and barely remember the details. But i was in the air and in fact, the captain saw me standing under the airplane 5 minutes long and watching the cockpit from the outside, he the invited me in. Before take off, he also asked me if i have any other wishes before i exit the cockpit. I said: Yes i do, could i visit after the take off again? He said it would be okay. I was extremely excited that day, it was the 3rd time for me to enter the cockpit.Last sunday was the last time i entered the 737 cockpit, and the first time i was allowed to sit on the captain seat, which was a really REALLY cool feeling. I have to admit, that things are much bigger in the real plane, than you can see on your screen. I had the pleasure to feel the yoke and throttle and all the stuff. I didn't want to leave the cockpit anymore, lol.

Nice picture...:( Too bad the crew did'nt let you in the cockpict during flight. The chance to see how pilot and co-pilot flying the plane,talking with ARTCC,Control Tower,etc. was certainly missed.:(

Nice picture...:( Too bad the crew did'nt let you in the cockpict during flight. The chance to see how pilot and co-pilot flying the plane,talking with ARTCC,Control Tower,etc. was certainly missed.:(
If he asked the captain, he'd let me in. But he didn't ask the captain. Because the captain knows the pilot i know. He is a retired captain who flew for that airline. Next time i will kindly ask him to ask the captain if he says "no" to me lol.