Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

Which Aircraft?

Hello fellow simmers,I am trying to decide between the leo mad dog and the a2a simulations B377. Does anybody have an opinion on them? I will eventually get both, i want to know which to buy first.Cheers

Ian R Tyldesley

I'd go for the Mad Dog first, and I'll tell you why: The A2A 377 is spectacularly good, but the AccuSim add on for it is currently being tweaked and improved, that improvement is being beta tested right now, and it will add a lot more innovative stuff to what is already a spectacularly good FS aeroplane. So by the time you've got the Mad Dog under control, that update to the 377 will probably be completed and out.They are both cool by the way, so even if you go the other way around, you'll be busy.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello fellow simmers,I am trying to decide between the leo mad dog and the a2a simulations B377. Does anybody have an opinion on them? I will eventually get both, i want to know which to buy first.Cheers
HelloBe aware that the Leonardo MD has really bad performance in FSX when compared to the FPS in its native FS9.Portovers in general are best avoided unless you don't mind the reduced framerates that usually follow.

Thank you both for your responses.I think i'll go with the mad dog, and get the a2a, as suggested, when the new pack is out.I am worried about performance, but we'll see how it goes.Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

Thank you both for your responses.I think i'll go with the mad dog, and get the a2a, as suggested, when the new pack is out.I am worried about performance, but we'll see how it goes.Thanks
If u are worried about performance I would stay away from the Mad dog. It is horrible on frames. If u fly 2d the frames arent to horrible but if using the VC get ready for horrible frames. And it is starting to look pretty dated. I wish they would come out with a native fsx model because it is a great plane.

Matt Wilson

Maddog performance depends entirely upon your system, your FSX settings, and whether or not you understand how to tune it's graphics. There are hundreds of folks on the Maddog forum that will also be glad to help you if/when you begin the looong learning curve..... yes, it's my favorite FSX aircraft.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just to throw out another option... MD80 Pro by CoolSky is nice and FPS friendly as well. Jim

Jim Wenham

...The A2A 377 is spectacularly good, but the AccuSim add on for it is currently being tweaked and improved, that improvement is being beta tested right now, and it will add a lot more innovative stuff to what is already a spectacularly good FS aeroplane. ...
That's GREAT news. I've had my eye on the 377 for a long time - basically since last year, when the Accusim B-17 first persuaded me that I could manage a complex, multiengine aircraft (I like them in real life but hadn't focused on them in the sim). But I've held off because I don't much like the idea of doing three flight deck jobs completely by myself. I'm hopeful that the improvements include a first-officer function along the lines of the one in the Fortress, that can take some of the workload off your hands.Has there been an official announcement of this that I missed? Or are you breaking the news here? :(

A friend of mine is beta testing it. Obviously he has to keep quiet about what shiny new things are being added, as we know beta testers are sworn to secrecy where detailed info is concerned, but he seems very enthusiastic about it and did hint at a few things without giving anything specific away to me. He really knows his stuff by the way, so if he was impressed, then it must be good.Sorry I can't be more specific than that, because the truth is I really don't know exactly what the score is, and I didn't press him on it because that would have been unfair to a friend who has been asked to keep the details confidential, but it sure sounded like A2A were pushing the envelope again, and in quite an exciting and unusual way that I don't think we've really seen tried before if I was picking up on those hints correctly. But they were only vague hints, so we'll just have to wait and see.Nevertheless, I'm sure you know how talented the A2A people are, so whatever the hell it is they are doing, it's bound to be impressive.Al

Alan Bradbury

Thanks again for all your help.Do you know if the amendments to the A2A accu-sim pack will be offered free of charge? There is nothing about any changes on the A2A website.Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

I honestly have no idea. Sorry if that sounds unhelpful, but it's the truth.Al

Alan Bradbury

I honestly have no idea. Sorry if that sounds unhelpful, but it's the truth.Al
No probs, think i'll purchase the mad dog and wait to see what happens with the B337. I'll get that plane next month, obviously PMDG could derail my plans! Big%20Grin.gif

Ian R Tyldesley

Nevertheless, I'm sure you know how talented the A2A people are, so whatever the hell it is they are doing, it's bound to be impressive.Al
Agreed. I didn't mean to put you or your friend on the spot - apart from basic excitement, I was mainly wondering if I'd missed an announcement of some kind. I've spent the past couple of months trying to get the hang of PMDG heavy iron, then trying to master the Katana, so I haven't been around the A2A forums as much as usual. But you're right - I have complete faith in their ability to deliver, so I'll stand by and wait to see what it is they're delivering...