Sign in to follow this  
Chip1

FSX Floating Generic Buildings and Hangers

Aloha from Hot Kihei,I have been adding FSX buildings and hangers to various scenery I am developing. The problem is that at certain airports hangers and buildings will hover around two feet above the ground. PHNL is a good example. Using ADE I can add a hanger to one location at PHNL and it is perfect, the base is at ground level. A few hundred feet away the same building floats about two feet above the ground. I guess I can plant trees around the base. :( When using instant scenery 2 the problem does not exist with Generic FSX hangers and buildings at all. What is Instant Scenery doing to correct this problem? I've seen this complaint all over blog sites. I've tried to modify the XML and give it a negative altitude of 2 feet with no luck. The compiler will not run if there is a negative value. There must be a way around this but I have so far not hit the end of the rainbow. I checked the entire world and the same problem exists in many airports. Any IDEAS out there would be appreciated.