Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Problems loading this forum

Hi all,Just a quick note to ask if anyone besides myself is having trouble opening this forum? I've had trouble today with some SQL server error. Is that a problem on my end, or AVSIM's?

I was having problems a few hours ago. It seems a bit better now.

I have been having this trouble for weeks but especially today.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I actually - foolishly, perhaps - thought the AVSIM servers had crashed due to the release of the NGX. Checked the PMDG site - no release. LOL!

I actually - foolishly, perhaps - thought the AVSIM servers had crashed due to the release of the NGX. Checked the PMDG site - no release. LOL!
What you are encountering is an overload on our database. We are working to solve the issue, and it is taking a while to get it done. Normally, the fault that happens rectifies itself in 2 or 3 minutes.

Thanks for dropping in, Tom! Appreciate the explanation.

Its not foolish at all, I had the same thought, only weeks ago, now that's foolish. :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all,Just a quick note to ask if anyone besides myself is having trouble opening this forum? I've had trouble today with some SQL server error. Is that a problem on my end, or AVSIM's?
Yep I get this allllll the time, once a day at least.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What you are encountering is an overload on our database. We are working to solve the issue, and it is taking a while to get it done. Normally, the fault that happens rectifies itself in 2 or 3 minutes.
Genereally when I get this fault, the forum goes back online very quickly, but the last time I got that it took 4-5 hours before the forum started working again.

Matheus Mafra

Yep I get this allllll the time, once a day at least.
Me too. For me it usually takes a couple of hours. Tells you how much I check the forum lol.

I wonder how long the AVSIM forum will be down after the NGX is released? I recall the MD-11 FSX release crashing the forums for a while.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I wonder how long the AVSIM forum will be down after the NGX is released? I recall the MD-11 FSX release crashing the forums for a while.
Really? I wonder how long will PMDG webshop be down after the NGX is released Nail%20Biting.gif! Latelly I've been thinking: "What if I'm not able to purchase the NGX just after the release?" Imagine, you come to the forum, everybody is unbelievable "happy" (lack of a better word), saying all kind of things about the plane and its insides and then you realize that you have NO idea of what they're talking about because you just coudn't buy it! I know it is not the end of the world, but you know what I mean.

Matheus Mafra

Really? I wonder how long will PMDG webshop be down after the NGX is released Nail%20Biting.gif! Latelly I've been thinking: "What if I'm not able to purchase the NGX just after the release?" Imagine, you come to the forum, everybody is unbelievable "happy" (lack of a better word), saying all kind of things about the plane and its insides and then you realize that you have NO idea of what they're talking about because you just coudn't buy it! I know it is not the end of the world, but you know what I mean.
Our site and store has NOTHING to do with the servers that run the forum - the store will not go down. If the forum goes down at release (it may, the 747 release took Avsim down for nearly a week), go to our facebook page, we'll post updates and stuff there most likely.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com