Sign in to follow this  
Bigglesworth

Concorde X

Have just installed Flight Sim Labs Concorde-X, looking at the reviews it promises to be an awesome aircraft. First attempt to fly, results in a blank black screen.Restart FSX.Second attempt, same thing happens.Restart FSXThird attempt, same result.Wack in FSX disc and do a repair.Restart FSX, now wont get past the splash screen - fatal errorOh the joys of flight simming, looks like I'll have to do a complete reinstall

Sorry to hear about those crashes (the real one only did once, but relating these things where people died is a bit .. you may guess). :wink:Are you aware of the FSL forums? Find them here http://forums.flight...m/3-concorde-x/.There's a FAQ, there are other crash related topics and there are support guys awaiting you, if your questions are new and weren't answered in other threads before. But even if not, talk to them, they are the Pros for that fine bird, always willing to help.

Sorry to hear about those crashes (the real one only did once, but relating these things where people died is a bit .. you may guess). :wink:Are you aware of the FSL forums? Find them here http://forums.flight...m/3-concorde-x/.There's a FAQ, there are other crash related topics and there are support guys awaiting you, if your questions are new and weren't answered in other threads before. But even if not, talk to them, they are the Pros for that fine bird, always willing to help.
Thanks for that, I'll have a look.I take your point about the insensitive title, having witnessed the terrible accident at Tenerife in '77 I know what it's like :(

silly question but I assume you have installed CIVA INS????

If this is his thread, the thing is solved and was caused by another addon soft. Wow, nice response time, 5 minutes after posting Lefteris was on him.Have some nice flights now and always watch your CG. :(

If this is his thread, the thing is solved and was caused by another addon soft. Wow, nice response time, 5 minutes after posting Lefteris was on him.Have some nice flights now and always watch your CG. :(
Yep, that is, indeed, his thread and we're happy to report that Mike has solved his issues (they were due to a different addon product, but he thought they might be because of the Concorde).Happy flights Mike!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

No I haven't but am looking into it.I decided to a complete new install of FSX + Acceleration with no add-ons except Concorde XHad a few problems at first (everything had a white haze, now fixed) but now all is fine and I'm back in the air, all I have to do now is to learn to fly the thing :( I believe that my problems may have started because I had Ideal Flight 10 running in the background.

No I haven't but am looking into it.
Mike, he was just asking because it was a common thing to happen that people forgot about the necessary installation of the Civa INS gauge for Concorde X. They maybe didn't read the manual, just installed the plane and wanted it to start. It therefore crashed instantly because that gauge was missing. The later installers took care of that.Now, with your Concorde X running, you have that gauge installed. Nice shot by the way. :smile:That manual and tutorial step can't be stressed enough on this detailed flight sim plane. Enjoy the readings there, it's well worth the time.

They maybe didn't read the manual, just installed the plane and wanted it to start.
Guilty as charged Shame%20On%20You.gifOnly fools rush in....etc Shame%20On%20You.gifAlthough I still maintain that Ideal Flight had some sinister hand in it.

Mike, he was just asking because it was a common thing to happen that people forgot about the necessary installation of the Civa INS gauge for Concorde X. They maybe didn't read the manual, just installed the plane and wanted it to start. It therefore crashed instantly because that gauge was missing. The later installers took care of that.Now, with your Concorde X running, you have that gauge installed. Nice shot by the way. :smile:That manual and tutorial step can't be stressed enough on this detailed flight sim plane. Enjoy the readings there, it's well worth the time.
The CIVA INS gauge is automatically downloaded and installed by the Concorde-X installer (let's not confuse the issue with what was required back in the SSTSIM FS2004 days). In order for it NOT to be, the user would have to forbid the installation - in which case, they'd already know they stopped it.Regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Although I still maintain that Ideal Flight had some sinister hand in it.
Aha, Ideal Flight, the devils work.Once you get in a plane it's a good idea to set up your panels and views and choose the "save aircraft settings" menu function.Any flights from then on are generated with that setup.IF uses the .FLT file that FSX produces for your plane so IF cannot do anything "creepy" :)All the bestSteve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com