Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

FS Global Ultimate vs FS Genesis?

I just read the review about FS Global Ultimate.I use FS Genesis mesh.Always have.Any opinois on the 2?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I just read the review about FS Global Ultimate.I use FS Genesis mesh.Always have.Any opinois on the 2?Thanks,Ron
If you already have FSGenesis (As I do) I see no reason to change. The results are similar. I believe the review is using default scenery and textures, which make it difficult to compare with those that have upgraded scenery and textures, like UTEurope/USA and GEX. I posted a couple of shots of the Matterhorn used in the review with my FSGenesis-UTEurope-GEX, over in the review feedback forum, to demonstrate that fact.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If you already have FSGenesis (As I do) I see no reason to change. The results are similar. I believe the review is using default scenery and textures, which make it difficult to compare with those that have upgraded scenery and textures, like UTEurope/USA and GEX. I posted a couple of shots of the Matterhorn used in the review with my FSGenesis-UTEurope-GEX, over in the review feedback forum, to demonstrate that fact.
Thanks,that is what I was hoping to hear.Ron

I have a question about FSGenesis mesh. I recently bought 38m mesh for western Canada and the U.S. west coast but was wondering if you can also use that in conjunction with the lower resolution mesh such as the 153m also from FSGenesis. If you install both does that improve the appearance of the distant terrain or would it be pointless if you already have a higher resolution mesh for the same area? I'm wondering because right now the terrain tends to load rather slowly and look low-res in the mid-to-far distance even on my fairly powerful computer.Thanks,Al

I am no Guru but it is my understanding that no matter which mesh or how many you have installed FS uses the most detailed.You could post at the FS Genesis forums.Justin is very good at responding and support.

It's like putting two grids over one another, one with lines every cm, the other every mm. If you place the grids over each other in a way that the lines of the cm and mm grid overlap eactly, what you will end up seeing is the detail that the mm grid gives you. The mesh system in FSX works the same. So, there is no reason to buy 152m mesh if you have 38mesh already installed. The result would not differ at all.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for the helpful responses. I was just confused by the claim on the FSGenesis website that the low-res mesh reduces the problem of the "blue slivers", which I only ever began to notice after installing the 38m mesh! So I thought FS had a way of using lower-res mesh in the distance which would make a case for buying it. Thanks for the advice, saved me a few bucks.Thanks,Al

The "Buffer Terrain Mesh" available on the FSGenesis site is for FS2004 and is required in FS2004 to reduce the problem of the "blue slivers". If you are using FSX, which I assume you are since this is the FSX Forum, this is not an issue. Regards, Mike Mann

I have always used FSGenesis, from what I have seen on other machines FS Global is the same.... Although in the area I fly I use UTX which is much better, especially with GEX as well.....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron