Sign in to follow this  
Rajah

Bad start

Hi!Rather disapointing start!Bought from PMDG the J41 and for € 6 more (that's a minor complaint) FS2Crew.I am a Windows 7 64 bit user.1.The manual has no image where I have to look for. FS2 Crew Main Panel?2. I am in Windows mode3. Power is on4. Open panel.cfg file? Clear for you, but I have 15 minutes to search for it . Result no gauge entries.5. Run Registry Tool? Where? Not in Fs2Crew 2010.6. Speech regognizer. Where?7. THE AIRCRAFT MUST HAVE POWER FOR THE FS2CREW CLICK AREA TO WORK ON THE WEATHER RADAR PANEL!!! In big bold red. No idea what to do with it. The gauge is inoperable.I have the impression that the FS2Crew is harder to learn than to fly the J41!Hope you can help with more information.RegardsFrans

Frans Dekker / IVAO SPP / AFR074

Hi Frans,Please take a 2nd look at Page 13 in the FS2Crew manual.You need to run the PMDG J41 Config Manager (not the FS2Crew one) and click "SAVE CONFIGURATION".That will update your PMDG J41 Panel.Cfgs with the FS2Crew entries.IMPORTANT: Make sure you run the PMDG J41 Config Manager AS AN ADMIN!!!!If you don't, the Config Manager may not be able to update the panel.cfg files when you click 'Save Configuration'.To run as an Admin, right click the PMDG J41 icon on your desktop, and select "Run as Admin".Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Do we have the same manual? Where is written to run it as Admin?Besides that, that did not work either. However if I run FSX itself as Admin, I got the installation window for the gauges.So, I have the panels now. Happy? No!The following problem is, which is not mentioned when I bought it, nor it is mentioned in your manual: Speech Recognicer is not available in Windows 7 Home Premium!How about that!

Hi Bryan,Do we have the same manual? Where is written to run it as Admin?Besides that, that did not work either. However if I run FSX itself as Admin, I got the installation window for the gauges.So, I have the panels now. Happy? No!The following problem is, which is not mentioned when I bought it, nor it is mentioned in your manual: Speech Recognicer is not available in Windows 7 Home Premium!How about that!
Hi,Speech Recognition is available in Win 7 Home Premium. In fact, I use Win 7 Home. Did you set your Speech Recognizer to English - US?It's only in XP where you have to install it (SAPI) separately.If Voice isn't working out for you, we can switch you to the 'button control' version.Pls contact me via the Contact page on the FS2Crew website if you'd like to switch.Best,

Mm strange i just looked at my manual and everything is shown on where to go and do and its mentioned in the manual about the speech recon maybe u didnt read to clearly( read page 7 in the manual) and its a known knowledge that u need to install addons as admin rights if ur using w7

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Known knowledge? All knowledge is new the first time.FS2Crew "voice" is NOT usable with Win7 Dutch version. This is not mentioned at the PMDG website, where I bought it. They did not know it either.Bryan changed it for the "buttons version" Bryan gives good and patience service!