Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lionel Goh

Tom, where is the 2003 Avsim Confrence going to be?

You may have no idea right now but if I may throw a suggestion into the hat, how about Orlando, Florida? We just opened the biggest ATC tower anywhere in North America at 346' at Orlando International. The tourism industry is hurting big time still down here and the rates for hotels, airfares and rental cars are dirt cheap. September is the slow season so you always get good rates around now anyways. There are tons of hotels and confrence halls all over the place. KMCO is a huge airport and KSFB is just up the road with many UK charter operations. While not directly related to flightsim, Kennedy Space Center is just an hour to the east. They have some real nice tours their as well. Thanks.

Eric 

Eric,We struggled with that one for quite a while prior to the 2002 conference and during our Board of Directors meeting on Sunday. The answer is that, if we can work out the details with them, we'll be having our conference at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum (MAAM) in September of 2003. Why the MAAM? Lot's of reasons, not the least of which is that the attending flight sim community will be able to explore numerous static and flying aircraft, many that they are familiar with, like the R4D and the B25 "Briefing Time". In addition, MAAM provides us all a central and easily reached location from KJFK, KIAD, KPHL, and others, that are all relatively inexpensive to get to. You will be reading more shortly on the subject.For what its worth, we were lobbyied pretty hard from many quarters on the subject; everywhere from Denver to Alaska! :)

What about having it in Europe or Sweden sometime? :D Would be nice anyway. :)Dave

What about Canada? :D before Europe you must do a conference in Canada....in Vancouver please :-hah that would be so great. YVR has really cool spotting places, picnic tables at the end of rwy 26L and a huge Aviation shop next to it.Anyway, i'll hope that one day you guys will come to the most beautiful city in the world, Vancouver.Take careMike

"Anyway, i'll hope that one day you guys will come to the most beautiful city in the world, Vancouver."I'm from Europe,and I have to admit he's right

Don't hold your breath Mike. Canada seems to always get left behind in the simming community.:-(Dan CYXC

hmmm.. well then this is the chance to make up for it by having the conference in Vancouver :-hahHopingMike