Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

UTX Night Lights

Hello all,I'd be landing on Heathrow at night but I would only be able to see the UTX night lights over a very small area around the plane. For example, I wouldn't be able to see all the bright lights in downtown London from Heathrow airport. I was wondering if there's a fix for this. Also, when landing at Aerosoft's Heathrow, the runway lights at night don't show up until I'm very close to the airport/touchdown. Any fix for this as well?Thanks

I don't think there is a fix, for the simple reason that this is no bug. It was programmed this way, and as such can't be modified for all I know.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I remember a long time ago (a few FSX reinstalls ago) I did not have this 'problem'This is a video I posted a long time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWuSvOsKucIf you look at 1:41, you can see thick lights from downtown Berlin from quite a distance, but this doesn't happen anymore.

You need to have the detail radius high and bloom on, but it should be visible quite a way out. Here is the kind of distance I get on the light effect with those two options on, kind of hard to tell on a still image, but those lights way off in the distance are being affected by UTX:lights.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You need to have the detail radius high and bloom on, but it should be visible quite a way out. Here is the kind of distance I get on the light effect with those two options on, kind of hard to tell on a still image, but those lights way off in the distance are being affected by UTX:lights.jpgAl
Nice VC Al, what is that?

Here's a better pic of the kind of range you should expect the UTX lights effect to be obvious:lights1.jpgAs you can tell from the pic Dougal, that's the Bell OH-58 Kiowa Warrior by Area 51 (i.e. the military version of the JetRanger with some weapons and flashy targeting avionics). Doesn't handle like a real one would (i.e. there's barely any rotor toque you need to counter), but that means it is pretty easy to fly and looks good. I'm going to try and merge it with the Dodosim Bell 206 to make it fly a bit more realistically, although how possible that is to achieve remains to be seen.As with most Area 51 stuff, the VCs are a bit like Alphasim's were, i.e. they look very nice and run fast too, but there's only a few things that you can actually click on and do stuff with. Not a big deal considering their prices and the fact that you don't tend to click on much stuff in a chopper cockpit anyway, but something you should be aware of if you are gonna buy it. Having said that, all their choppers are pretty good value and I've bought a few of them.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here