Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Water suddenly untextured...

Hi FSX gurus,I thought I'd seen it all, but this is new. Suddenly, my open water is gone. just untextured plain jane surface. I've had several updates recently, just looking for some help pinpointing the cause of this one. Update nvidia drivers to 270.61. Updated MyTraffic to 5.3b. Probably some others...Thus far I've re-applied REX textures, reapplied FTX zone, reapplied FSwaterConfigurator options. Tried backing up and deleting fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg.I'm running shaders 30 by Bojote with his web-app optimized FSX.cfg (was working fine).Some other background:nvidia 460 1gb, i7-950@4.14ghz, 8gb ram.Here's a photo of what I'm seeing in all lakes, bays and oceans. I don't want to wipe and start over. Thanks a ton in advance for any tips...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

...reapplied FSwaterConfigurator...
I'm running shaders 30...
Well there's your problem. FSWC doesn't technically support Shader Model 3.Also what was the last thing you changed/added when the problem started?

Well there's your problem. FSWC doesn't technically support Shader Model 3.Also what was the last thing you changed/added when the problem started?
Thanks for the reply Thunderbolt, however shaders30 and FSWC worked fine before, so I don't think that's the issue.It's been a few weeks since I've fired up FSX, and during that time, unfortunately, there's been a lot of changes to the system (nVidia drivers, many win7 updates, a lot of other software installed) but just a few that should affect FSX so dramatically. I'm going to try to roll back the video drivers, see if that's the problem, but I was hoping someone might have seen this problem before...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Have you tried clearing the Shader Cache? (Located in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX")

I got my water back by UNINSTALLING then REINSTALLING shaders model 30, downloaded directly from Bojote's page. Thanks,sg