Sign in to follow this  
Rudderfeet

Cabin Altitude

Every time I reload a saved flight I get an alert for cabin altitude.Can someone please explain what procedures need to be followed to correct this condition. And why does it reload with that error.I also get a tail fuel warning but figured that one out myself.Thanks Ken

Saving in FSX does not save the panel state as well. Many of the systems that make PMDG planes so realistic actually operate outside of FSX, therefore FSX cannot control them. You can try saving a panel state in the PMDG menu and then reloading that.To clear cabin altitude warnings, you need a few things. First, air pressure. Since you are seeing a "cabin altitude" warning I think we can assure that you are in the air this happens. First step, check that the engines are running. Second step, make sure that all three packs are on, ( no lights) If they are off the lights there will be orange lights on the overhead for each of the pack controls. Lastly engage the automatic mode of the pressurization system. This is on the far right side of the overhead, and if you are in the VC has a tendency to hide behind the cabin pressure rate selector knob. Once in Auto mode, you should be able to switch the the AIR screen and see the cabin altitude start to decrease.

Here's the way I am saving.Pause sim and save flight in FSX. Save the flight with PMDG panel menu. Exit FSX.Start FSX load fsx saved flight. Load pmg panel menu saved flight.I get the following master warnings:Cabin Altitude, Cabin Rate, Avionics Fan overideThe only thing lit on the overhead is the Avionics fan(flow overide). I have EZdok so I have a full view of the overhead.Is this not the way to save and reload?Thanks Ken

Branton's statement is incorrect - the MD-11 absolutely DOES save the panel state when you save the flight from the FSX file menu.The only procedure required to save a flight is to save from the File menu. The panel state menus are more for if you want to decouple the panel state from the flight itself (ie a cold and dark or short-turn file that you load after first positioning the aircraft at an airport from Free Flight)All you should need to do is load the saved flight and the panel state will automatically load with it. If you're not seeing this happen, you've likely got Windows permissions issues with writing to the FSX folder - make sure the sim is being run with the Run as Administrator option if this is the case.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the correction Ryan, I didn't mean to pass out bad info. :(

I have tried bothways. I get the cabin altitude message if I just use FSX save and reload by load from FSX.As far as permissions go I have setup the FSX folder and FSX flight plans folder to allow full control. I also have UAC turned off.I am using RC4 and thought that might be the problem but have tried without that running and same result.Win7 64 OSThanks Ken

Does the cabin altitude ever catch up? Does the gauge show a rate of change or does it sit a 0PSI for ever?