Sign in to follow this  
Guest 4star

MULTIPLE APPROACHES?

Guest 4star

I am using 737 Pilot In Command on FS2004. Is it possible to fly an ILS to either a landing or a Go-Around stop and reposition or restart the sim so you are back on finals again to make another approach? I would appreciate any none complicated tips or advise.Many thanks.

I am using 737 Pilot In Command on FS2004. Is it possible to fly an ILS to either a landing or a Go-Around stop and reposition or restart the sim so you are back on finals again to make another approach? I would appreciate any none complicated tips or advise.Many thanks.
Setup your flight, say 15dme out, or whatever suits you, straight-in approach, 30* intercept etc.With all radios set, OBS set and either established on the approach or about to intercept, pause the sim, click on file save and save the flight. You can now fly that app until the cows come home. BTW, you will have to click reset or load flight to start the flight again.Douglas

Guest 4star

Thanks I will try as you suggest.Is there any way to enlarge the instrument panel? There was such a function on the PMDG NG sim but I can't see anything similar on this sim. Any idea's welcome.Mnay thanks

just use VC and pan around or zoom in. In a real AC you can lean forward to see your instruments better, but would not see a thing from the outside world anymore. The Window is not the biggest and the instruments are large enough to read. Maybe your TFT Screen is not large enough or your resolution setting is off? A real Pilot cannot zoom in the instruments and still be able to see the landing strip at the same time. You need to do a lot of approaches for practice to get the right feeling. At the beginning stick to ILS AP 'till 200ft above. After 20 or 40 times, begin to fly it without AP at 1000ft above. And if that worked well after 20 times, fly the app all the way from 4000ft or even highter all manualy. Same goes with pax/cargo wight&balance differences. do it never with an empty bird. Change the weight more often. And change the approaching airports as well as the weather. Never fly the same weather - that would be unrealistic having all year the same weather....