Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

VRS Superbug X

Hello,I have some questions about the Vertical Reality Simulations FA-18. I have heard that the aircraft is perfect, but can a flight be flown without programming all of the systems? Can it be flown without having to practice for hours and hours and flying before eventually understanding one system? I am interested in deep systems compexity, but I also like to use that aircraft for small flights without entirely programming the systems. Can this be done in the VRS FA-18? And, most importantly, is it fun?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes and Yes.You have to learn how to start it but after that you can just fly VFR for fun. However, if you're not interested in using the systems accurately, why not just stay with the FSX F/A 18? If you're just using it to joyride, there's no difference.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The Superbug is a fine addon aircraft, regarding the product quality. There's no doubt.Regarding the support and also the policy, you may want to take a closer look at these two threads to decide about the buy itself and also the location for it since it seems to make some difference for the support (which, in my eyes, is ridiculous).Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the plane but after I saw what some others experienced, I couldn't help thinking about that buy and all future ones at that dev. TacPac was already preordered, so I will receive it too.Here are the threads.http://forum.avsim.n...-non-customers/http://forum.avsim.n...e/page__hl__vrsThe Acceleration F-18 is a nice joyrider, as vgbaron said. There are some freeware gauges out to enhance the HUD if this is interesting for you. So if you want to go easy and fast, this option has to be considered and may safe some money too.

I am also considering this as my next Add-On, whilst I actually disagree with the "problems" of the OPs in those threads (not wanting to rehash what has already been gone over) it is worth considering this post from the first thread as to "how" you buy the Superbug.....http://forum.avsim.net/topic/281747-vrs-superbug-released-but-their-support-forum-is-off-limits-to-non-customers/page__view__findpost__p__1967482The attitude shown towards customers there is nothing short of a disgrace, don't choose to sell something through a channel, then complain you didn't make enough from it and penalise customers.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I am OK with the restricted site. I bought my version off the shelf and found it easy to get started on the forums. Sites like this one provide a forum for non registered readers to ask polite questions and folks like me might/will provide answers that hopefully will inform the readers.I do not believe you have to have access to the restricted site in order to get information on a product and its utility.I have several other software products, non flightsim that require the same access restrictions and I'm OK with that.But yes I would agree that the issue of piracy leading to all this secrecy is a great pain. It reminds me of the FS9 disk 4 vs no CD work around file. Now who out there enjoyed finding your disk and putting that in every time you wanted to fly. That was really dumb.cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The attitude shown towards customers there is nothing short of a disgrace, don't choose to sell something through a channel, then complain you didn't make enough from it and penalise customers.
I must admit that I wasn't even aware that such a policy existed in this little flight sim business. See my quoting of those threads as a still persistent shock of some kind. But I'm ok if this or that gets judged differently by other people and, as said, the bird itself is a treat.Maybe just because it is that nice, the disparity towards the support policy is so distracting.

But yes I would agree that the issue of piracy leading to all this secrecy is a great pain. It reminds me of the FS9 disk 4 vs no CD work around file. Now who out there enjoyed finding your disk and putting that in every time you wanted to fly. That was really dumb.
I would agree with you there, so glad that we no longer have to choose between finding the CD's or using the various work arounds .. ..G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

VRS Super Bug is one VERY fine product. VRS Support staff offer EXCEPTIONAL SUPPORT whenever you need them. PERIOD.