Sign in to follow this  
raffer

Unable to install SP2 or Acceleration

Due to a Hardware problem I have just reinstalled FSX and then SP1, but when I tried to install SP2 Acceleration I received an errorthat it required Flight Simulator X to enable installation. I then tried basic SP2 but this time I received an error that it required theEnglish version of FSX to install.I have checked regedit and F:\Flight Simulator X is shown in both Local machines and Current User, so where am I going wrong??Many thanksGeorge

Skip the service packs, just install Accel.Turn UAC off.Bjorn

I got a similar error when I tried to install the SP2. It siad that I have to install service pack 1 prior to this (which I evidently had!). I ended up with installing it by hand. Time consuming, but it works till now.

Same problem after reinstalling FSX. Add/Remove programs said I had SP2 installed even before I tried to reinstall it. Reinstall program would only let me "repair" it. Some information I received said to uninstall SP2, then SP1 before uninstalling FSX.Solution - uninstall both SP2 (first), SP1 and then reinstall both.Dave Hinson

ahh thats an easy one, just lay the boot into the tower :(