Sign in to follow this  
mas618

TOPCAT for JS41

Hello!I'm sure this has been covered, but I had no luck with the "search" button.I was wondering, if PMDG could provide the data needed for the guys at TOPCAT, so they can make TOPCAT and JS41 compatible?I asked the TOPCAT guys recently, and they said it could only be done, if they somehow had the performance specs and such for the A/C. I guess PMDG must have these numbers?I can only see both parties benfit from this - It'll make JS41 more enjoyable to fly and operate, and it won't cost PMDG anything as I see it?Hope it's possible!Mas

Looking at the tutorial, there's a reference to takeoff charts and the charts costing a good bit of money. With that, I doubt they'd be available to the TOPCAT developers for use in the program. I could be wildly off the mark on that, however.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds right to me... If PMDG doesn't have them, I gues no one in the FS comunnity does. If only... Nah, I won't even say it out loud. Let's hope an angel comes flying in to the TOPCAT HQ and delivers a package som day..

I think Robert has them still from ACA, but their ability to be released is another story. Again, I'm not completely sure they're not allowed to be released, but I'm assuming they'd be out there already if they were.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.Isn't the loadsheet and speed cards in the plane itself enough to make a succesful flight in the JS41? I see the point in TOPCAT with the big birds with flex t.o. and what have you, but the JS41? I guess rwy lenghts would be a little helpful, but everything else is covered in the plane and documentation itself (weights/speeds/approximate fuel consumption).________________________________________________________Ulrik KvistVATSIM Scandinavia ATC/Pilot

It's all there, but the point was to be able to make reduced thrust takeoffs per the charts RW operators have, or max thrust takeoffs at a certain weight/temp. It would be nice to know if I can actually make it off of the runway at KCRW at a specific weight and temp. It's not an airport with a runoff for mistakes (like ENHV, if you need a more local example).

Kyle Rodgers

It's all there, but the point was to be able to make reduced thrust takeoffs per the charts RW operators have, or max thrust takeoffs at a certain weight/temp. It would be nice to know if I can actually make it off of the runway at KCRW at a specific weight and temp. It's not an airport with a runoff for mistakes (like ENHV, if you need a more local example).
My thoughts exactly... It's just sad, that you have this geourgous made aircraft, with very detailed systems and performance, and I find myself making a quailifed guess to wether or not i can actually perform a safe take-off at a given rwy - it just doesn't fit in my world... I really wish that these data somehow could be made availble to TOPCAT.Could anyone from PMDG perhaps give a formel statement on this? Just so we know if we can "forget about it", a Donnie Brasco would say, or if there is some possible solution...?Mas

RSR specifically mentions in the tutorial flight that they used a method that nearly exactly correlated with what was in the reduced torque setting book:"We would advance the throttles, and bring the power up only until the EGT needle matched the lower white hatch-mark described in the section above. Once at this hatch mark, we would leave power where it was, or rarely adjust it slightly to make the reduced torque number predicted by the book. In nearly all cases, this temperature setting was the same result as using a properly calculated reduced torque."We don't have access to that settings book that was used when RSR was at the airline, I'm sorry. It was something kept in the airplanes and is not a normal part of the BAe manuals. The J41 was not produced with the manufacturer's help the way our Boeing stuff is now and so on, so there's just certain limitations you have to accept here with it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thx for the reply - that's adequate for me - you can't have it all allways ;)Mas