Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Hello all, love the 195, but no gauges?!

Guest Ty89m

Hey fellow flight simmers, I downloaded the Shakey jake, I love it, a friend of mine flies a Cessna 195, just wondering why only like three of the gauges show up in the Virtual cockpit, and none on the 2d panel. I even re-downloaded it, still no go.. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help, also, does the New AT-6 have a Virtual cockpit? Ha, ok, now I'm done, Ty89m

Guest dogknot

The design team made mention of a corrupt or incomplete panel and have since uploaded the replacement in the avsim library. cessna_195_panel.zip Maybe the new panel will fix things up for you.

Guest odog

thanks, yeah try the new panel. I have new found respect for the Flight Sim developers after the last 2 releases i made... there's always something, no matter how perfect you try to make it. There are so many variables (system) that, even though my builds work great for me, they have issues for some. One interesting find was the appearance of Chrome/opaque windows. Mostly caused by older vid cards. and missing STOCK gauges... weird.This model has been relatively trouble free. With only 2,000 'customers' i have seen a few bugs (all system related, imagine hundreds of thousands... yikes.good luck, you can always email me if you have more questions.joeHHDS

<<<>>>One wonderful benefit of being prehistoric like me and still using a GeForce 2 is that you do, indeed, get wonderful reflections on most FS aircraft windows whereas later cards don't pick them up well in FS9. So if you tried hard to get the reflections right for up-to-date cards in FS9, the windows would indeed appear more opaque with earlier cards like the GeForce 2. You're not the only ones, don't worry; I've seen Lago's Tornado on an older rig (not mine, I don't fly warplanes) and the windows are solid chrome.<<<>>Easily done. In FS2002 all gauges were in the GAUGES folder. Now the default gauges are in the respective panel folders, so if other aircraft are to use them they have to be taken out and dropped in the GAUGES folder (FS9 can read them either in the panel folder or the main folder which is cool). As uploading default gauges is theoretically a no no, one has to instruct downloaders to move the default gauges around to get them to show.Anyway, love your 195. She's very cool and a lot of fun. Good job, team.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg