Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPTDANNO

Loss of brakes and also a rudder issue

I've been using Flight Simulator 2004 For nearly 7 years and never lost my brakes before. Upon coming to a complete stop in the MD-11 using the auto-brakes, I then switched the Auto-brake to the off position. When I began to taxi to the gate I noticed that my wheel brakes were not working nor was the "brake" regestering in the lower left corner of the screen. No matter what I did, there was no correcting this problem. Needless to say I had to just exit the program. I also noticed that I had to recalibrate my rudder axis since the aircraft would slowly turn slightly right requiring constant correction to the left. There was no wind and I purposely keep a small 'dead zone' on the rudder axis. I am using my Saitek X-52 and it is testing fine. This has happened every time I land so far. Anyone else have this happen? If so, any answer as to a fix?

That happens to me too. The only way to stop the plane after this event is to use the parking brakes or wait until friction stops the plane. Why does that happen?