Sign in to follow this  
Jordan1995

Radar Contact 4.3

Hey Guys.... Does AnyBody have radar contact 4.....and if so is it any good and Is this the correct website to buy it from http://www.jdtllc.com/ or did you guys get it somewhere elseThanks For the helpBig%20Grin.gif

Hi,Excellent program and that is the only source!

Hi,Excellent program and that is the only source!
Ok Thanks For the Helpbiggrin.gif...... I should Be getting it later today... Is It Hard to catch on to?

Hi,I would say medium but has a good manual if I remember correctly.

I have Radar Contact. I delayed buying it for months but I am very happy I have it now. I flew online on Vatsim for years and recently decided I wanted another experience. The biggest issue w/ Vatsim is that occasionally there are no ATC controllers where I want to fly. Radar Contact fills this void very well. Radar Contact is essentially a replacement for MS ATC. It features very in-depth ATC control and works very well with MS AI aircraft. There is a learning curve associated with Radar Contact however. You really need to understand true-to-life ATC procedures in order to get the most out of the software. Naturally it's not 100% realistic, due to the constraints of using a computer to simulate flying. However in the scope of flight simulating, Radar Contact is the best ATC program bar none.The immersion factor is high with this product. I feel that my flight simming is that much more enhanced flying with more realistic ATC and AI aircraft. It's a very good replacement for Vatsim in the situations where there are no online ATC controllers. AI control with Radar Contact is pretty good. Radar Contact will vector aircraft around and actually interact with MS AI. You can see this happening if you are looking out of other aircraft - pretty cool feature. I added additional voice packs to Radar Contact that have made the program more realistic sounding.Understand that Radar Contact is not 100% infallible, but for flight simulation, it is the best you can get. And that is not the fault of the program naturally.You can't go wrong with the program. Once you learn how to interact with Radar Contact, how to set it up for your environment and your computer system, you will have hours and hours of fun. If you like MS ATC you will LOVE Radar Contact. However if you are the type of flyer that likes to just hop in a plane and tool around, Radar Contact is not for you. I would suggest just using MS ATC or no ATC at all. Radar Contact does have some shortcomings, namely lack of taxi guidance (if you're used to MS ATC with the 'purple guide line') and weak VFR support. Also, Radar Contact tries hard to get you the correct landing pattern and runway but sometimes MS AI just does whatever it wants - thus you might be taking off or landing with another 737 bearing down on you! Radar Contact does have a flight evaluation at the end of your flight. If you don't follow ATC commands or take off without clearance, for example, you'll get scolded by FSDO (Flight Safety District Office). I've had my ticket virtually pulled on more than one occasion :) If you like ATC, Radar Contact is a great replacement for MS ATC that is more realistic, better sounding, much more in depth, and as a bonus, handles non-American ATC more realistically (if you like to fly in Europe for example).I don't know if there is a "try before you buy" feature - if so, then it's a win-win for you. I just don't remember if there is a demo. Radar Contact has essentially replaced Vatsim for me. I always have ATC, correct and realistic ATC, for the airports I fly out of. When there is a big event on Vatsim I will fly online, but otherwise it's Radar Contact for me.FWIW I also use FSPassengers - this plus Radar Contact makes my flight simming worth while. I supposed Air Hauler would be a nice product as well. I tried Air Hauler, and it's great. But I've been an FSPassenger flyer for years and I prefer that program. Good luck!

I have Radar Contact. I delayed buying it for months but I am very happy I have it now. I flew online on Vatsim for years and recently decided I wanted another experience. The biggest issue w/ Vatsim is that occasionally there are no ATC controllers where I want to fly. Radar Contact fills this void very well. Radar Contact is essentially a replacement for MS ATC. It features very in-depth ATC control and works very well with MS AI aircraft. There is a learning curve associated with Radar Contact however. You really need to understand true-to-life ATC procedures in order to get the most out of the software. Naturally it's not 100% realistic, due to the constraints of using a computer to simulate flying. However in the scope of flight simulating, Radar Contact is the best ATC program bar none.The immersion factor is high with this product. I feel that my flight simming is that much more enhanced flying with more realistic ATC and AI aircraft. It's a very good replacement for Vatsim in the situations where there are no online ATC controllers. AI control with Radar Contact is pretty good. Radar Contact will vector aircraft around and actually interact with MS AI. You can see this happening if you are looking out of other aircraft - pretty cool feature. I added additional voice packs to Radar Contact that have made the program more realistic sounding.Understand that Radar Contact is not 100% infallible, but for flight simulation, it is the best you can get. And that is not the fault of the program naturally.You can't go wrong with the program. Once you learn how to interact with Radar Contact, how to set it up for your environment and your computer system, you will have hours and hours of fun. If you like MS ATC you will LOVE Radar Contact. However if you are the type of flyer that likes to just hop in a plane and tool around, Radar Contact is not for you. I would suggest just using MS ATC or no ATC at all. Radar Contact does have some shortcomings, namely lack of taxi guidance (if you're used to MS ATC with the 'purple guide line') and weak VFR support. Also, Radar Contact tries hard to get you the correct landing pattern and runway but sometimes MS AI just does whatever it wants - thus you might be taking off or landing with another 737 bearing down on you! Radar Contact does have a flight evaluation at the end of your flight. If you don't follow ATC commands or take off without clearance, for example, you'll get scolded by FSDO (Flight Safety District Office). I've had my ticket virtually pulled on more than one occasion :) If you like ATC, Radar Contact is a great replacement for MS ATC that is more realistic, better sounding, much more in depth, and as a bonus, handles non-American ATC more realistically (if you like to fly in Europe for example).I don't know if there is a "try before you buy" feature - if so, then it's a win-win for you. I just don't remember if there is a demo. Radar Contact has essentially replaced Vatsim for me. I always have ATC, correct and realistic ATC, for the airports I fly out of. When there is a big event on Vatsim I will fly online, but otherwise it's Radar Contact for me.FWIW I also use FSPassengers - this plus Radar Contact makes my flight simming worth while. I supposed Air Hauler would be a nice product as well. I tried Air Hauler, and it's great. But I've been an FSPassenger flyer for years and I prefer that program. Good luck!
Thanks I Use FsPassengers Toorolleyes.gif.... Work Well With it Right or do i have to configure some stuff in fspassengers
Hi,I would say medium but has a good manual if I remember correctly.
Thanks For Your Help And also No Problems With Active Sky 6 Because it the only weather program that i use 95% of the time i fly

I downloaded Radar Contact. I didn't have to do anything special to FSPassengers other than eliminating the squwak code penalty. In FSPax you must set it to 7700 for an emergency. Radar Contact does not require that and if you change it to 7700, Radar Contact will complain until you change it back to whatever you were assigned to. Thus, if I suffer an emergency from FSPax, I leave the squwak code to whatever I was assigned to by Radar Contact. I disabled the squwak penalty so I don't get dinged by FSPax.I had a bird strike (by FSPax) and declared an emergency in FSPax AND Radar Contact (don't forget to do that in both programs ), landed and had no problems with either program. Got 1200 points in FSPax for my bird strike + successful landing to boot!

RC has a manual a bit outdated from RC's last version but most of it applies. You can get tutorials to read and the manual on the documents page at jdtllc.com. There is no trial demo. If you get the download version, back it up to CD or DVD. If you are using Win 7 or VISTA install it not under Program Files to make things easier and be sure you run with right clicking on it selecting run as admin. Once done create a shortcut to it with the run as admin set in the shortcut so it has no problem getting to your FS folder and your FS folder under your documents.Have a look at some of the pinned topics regarding security access problems on the the RC forum here on AVSIM. Also be sure to update to the latest FSUIPC and makerwys as indicated in the pinned forum topic and after installing these rerun your RC Scenery Rebuild.http://forums1.avsim.net/forum/135-radar-contact-forum/RC does allow you and provides features for departing and arriving at uncontrolled and non-radar equipped airports. See those downloaded tutorials.It is also best to understand instrument flight procedures and interpret IFR diagrams which you will need to use for airports in mountainous territories where a finite tight departure and approach path is required due to terrain. That can be looked at in the support forum and some information is in the tutorials. I get FAA airport and SID, STAR, and approach charts free from flightaware.com. Just be aware that these charts are current data and may not match the comm and ILS data in your installed scenery for FS that RC mines to create its scenery database. RC4 uses a fixed comm frequency database and you can see those frequencies in advance.Browse the forum for synchronizing FMC terminal data if used with the plan sent to RC since they must match.I use Active Sky 6.5 and do not have any problems. RC will register itself with FSUIPC but I alwys recommend the full registered FSUIPC version for additional items. It is not necessary, however, that you purchase a full registration. If you are not using already get the freeware AISmooth version 1.20. It is in the AVSIM FSX Utility section of the library but it does work with FS9 as well. It gives extended user management control over AI approaches including separation management to allow you and AI to squeeze in for take-off especially when you create or load a flight and you get that initial burst of heavy AI traffic playing catch-up with the AI scheduled flights.If you want to use RC4 with both FSX and FS9 you can select that in the install. It will make two separate folders of RC and your e-mail delivered key (save it in a text file) will work with both installations on the same pc. A limited number of key regenerations are allowed to take care of any cases of HD reformatting or upgrading or replacing your pc as long as your original order data is not changed.

RC has a manual a bit outdated from RC's last version but most of it applies. You can get tutorials to read and the manual on the documents page at jdtllc.com. There is no trial demo. If you get the download version, back it up to CD or DVD. If you are using Win 7 or VISTA install it not under Program Files to make things easier and be sure you run with right clicking on it selecting run as admin. Once done create a shortcut to it with the run as admin set in the shortcut so it has no problem getting to your FS folder and your FS folder under your documents.Have a look at some of the pinned topics regarding security access problems on the the RC forum here on AVSIM. Also be sure to update to the latest FSUIPC and makerwys as indicated in the pinned forum topic and after installing these rerun your RC Scenery Rebuild.http://forums1.avsim...-contact-forum/RC does allow you and provides features for departing and arriving at uncontrolled and non-radar equipped airports. See those downloaded tutorials.It is also best to understand instrument flight procedures and interpret IFR diagrams which you will need to use for airports in mountainous territories where a finite tight departure and approach path is required due to terrain. That can be looked at in the support forum and some information is in the tutorials. I get FAA airport and SID, STAR, and approach charts free from flightaware.com. Just be aware that these charts are current data and may not match the comm and ILS data in your installed scenery for FS that RC mines to create its scenery database. RC4 uses a fixed comm frequency database and you can see those frequencies in advance.Browse the forum for synchronizing FMC terminal data if used with the plan sent to RC since they must match.I use Active Sky 6.5 and do not have any problems. RC will register itself with FSUIPC but I alwys recommend the full registered FSUIPC version for additional items. It is not necessary, however, that you purchase a full registration. If you are not using already get the freeware AISmooth version 1.20. It is in the AVSIM FSX Utility section of the library but it does work with FS9 as well. It gives extended user management control over AI approaches including separation management to allow you and AI to squeeze in for take-off especially when you create or load a flight and you get that initial burst of heavy AI traffic playing catch-up with the AI scheduled flights.If you want to use RC4 with both FSX and FS9 you can select that in the install. It will make two separate folders of RC and your e-mail delivered key (save it in a text file) will work with both installations on the same pc. A limited number of key regenerations are allowed to take care of any cases of HD reformatting or upgrading or replacing your pc as long as your original order data is not changed.
Thanks For the advice....... Im getting it for sure for my bday Tomorrow Party.gif...........Just 1 Question what do you mean by 'install it not under program files' I have Windows Vista..... I Plan on Doing my 1st Flight with My wilcopub embraer regional jets..... From AMA-IAH

In VISTA and Win 7 applications installed under any Program Files folder tree get extra protection which can prevent other applications from accessing data or executing those applications. In VISTA 32 these extra protections can be turned off by disabling User Access Control In Win 7 UAC does not completely turn off all protection of that kind if disabled.The reason RC4 needs to be run with its admin property set is to access FS if FS is typically setup under a Program Files folder including any scenery under it to build the scenery database and copy files from the FS folder created by the makerwys utility for runway data to the RC folder for further processing, and to communicate via FSUIPC in the modules folder to get AI and user plane status, location, and activity, and if the aircraft is the correct standard autopilot type to enable the copilot if desired to control the aircraft.

Hi as all the replies to this thread are 2011 or earlier, can anyone tell me if Radar Contact is still in existence as due to my speech impairment I have to use button control ATC and if so what is the latest version.

Thank you guys for that. I have finally bought it today from RC website but then found out it was V4.2 , have I been ripped off?

a few questions  1.how do you  engage the co-pilot  q 2.\if you are flying a SID or STAR how does RC handle that?