Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Unable to activate FSX

Hi guys, So far from what I´ve tested FSX is just incredible after the upgrade to SB (YSSY: 9 FPS when looking to the teminal before and now 25 min. with the same settings.) but I´ve run into some trouble with the reactivation of FSX. It gives me an error when I attemp to activate. Every time I get "activation server currently not available. Please try again later." and after 30 min. I get kicked out.has someone encountered the same or knows a workarround?

Hi,AV or firwall blocking FSX from the Internet?

Hi,AV or firwall blocking FSX from the Internet?
Good question, Jim. Gonna test that. Update: FSX had the normal rights plus I gave some additional rights, but no avail. Doesn´t work. Also without any firewall or anything else interfering. Now I have the system, but the programm doesn´t work. I also tried the telephone activation. There I got another error. Mabybe I reinstall FSX. Hopefully this wipes the problem out.

Good question, Jim. Gonna test that. Update: FSX had the normal rights plus I gave some additional rights, but no avail. Doesn´t work.Also without any firewall or anything else interfering. Now I have the system, but the programm doesn´t work. I also tried the telephone activation. There I got another error. Mabybe I reinstall FSX. Hopefully this wipes out the problem.
Steffen:I had the exact same problem with my old rig after upgrading the memory for some reason. It was registered for 2 years and all of a sudden one day I went to fly and *poof* unregistered. No matter what I did it wouldn't register so I had to resort to *less reputable measures* to get MY OWN software to work. I installed again just fine on my new rig and had no problem registering.

Steffen:I had the exact same problem with my old rig after upgrading the memory for some reason. It was registered for 2 years and all of a sudden one day I went to fly and *poof* unregistered. No matter what I did it wouldn't register so I had to resort to *less reputable measures* to get MY OWN software to work. I installed again just fine on my new rig and had no problem registering.
Thanks Mike. I think, reinstalling will also be my way.

Why didn't you mention the error/s you got, as there are a number of common errors regarding re-activation, plus - did you call Microsoft? It has happened to me a few years back, and they helped fix it without issue - actually walking through the process and fixing what needed fixing. It was great service.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi guys, So far from what I´ve tested FSX is just incredible after the upgrade to SB (YSSY: 9 FPS when looking to the teminal before and now 25 min. with the same settings.) but I´ve run into some trouble with the reactivation of FSX. It gives me an error when I attemp to activate. Every time I get "activation server currently not available. Please try again later." and after 30 min. I get kicked out.has someone encountered the same or knows a workarround?
Just a thought. I too had this as soon as I re-installed FSX. Then installed the SP1 and tried the re-activation.Problem solved.

Just a thought. I too had this as soon as I re-installed FSX. Then installed the SP1 and tried the re-activation.Problem solved.
Well, my installation is fully patched to sp2. Maybe this is the culprit? Does it only work with the RTM version?
Why didn't you mention the error/s you got, as there are a number of common errors regarding re-activation, plus - did you call Microsoft? It has happened to me a few years back, and they helped fix it without issue - actually walking through the process and fixing what needed fixing. It was great service.
I didn´t mention the other errors I got because I got them after I tried to do what Jim adviced me to do. Without firewall and AV.

Thanks guys, you made my day. Just reinstalled FSX and could successfully activate it. Now I have my working FSX version again, so here we go! But it´ll be a long evening till I get the new version on the same level as the old one (14 GB < 60+ GB).

I´ve now encountered something very strange. As I´ve said I have reinstalled FSX without touching my old installation. I successfully activated the new one and now also the old installation is working again without a message that I have to register. Did you also notice the same?