Sign in to follow this  
HA036

Speech Recognition Training

Start off with the "I love the product" because, well, I do...it along with Radar Contact make for a great flight sim experience...though if you and the RC people could hook up your products without a needing YAP (Yet Another Product) you would get no objections from me...BUT that is not the intention of this post. Do you have any script or any way to interface with the speech engine in Windows in order to specifically train the engine for the phrases used in FS2Crew? As an example for the life of me, my FO does not understand the words "ON" and "FLAPS n" where n is the degree of flaps. It understands everything else fairly well, especially by everyone except the FO. Does the FO lust for the Captain's seat so selectively ignores him? Love a good conspiracy. For the record my accent would be considered as Des Moines, IA. Why? It is the sought after accent for broadcasting which I once was. I talk like a newscaster because I was one. Actually I only go "into" the broadcasting voice when using FS2Crew, not to my girlfriend. LOL.gif Also for the record, I've been through the Windows speech exercise oh, 20 times and it at most misses one sentence (or I do if you ask the computer).So is such a thing possible? Am I remiss for having missed your response in another post (wouldn't be the first time)? Think it would be a worthwhile addition if it were possible.Thanks for sharing any thoughts.

Start off with the "I love the product" because, well, I do...it along with Radar Contact make for a great flight sim experience...though if you and the RC people could hook up your products without a needing YAP (Yet Another Product) you would get no objections from me...BUT that is not the intention of this post. Do you have any script or any way to interface with the speech engine in Windows in order to specifically train the engine for the phrases used in FS2Crew? As an example for the life of me, my FO does not understand the words "ON" and "FLAPS n" where n is the degree of flaps. It understands everything else fairly well, especially by everyone except the FO. Does the FO lust for the Captain's seat so selectively ignores him? Love a good conspiracy. For the record my accent would be considered as Des Moines, IA. Why? It is the sought after accent for broadcasting which I once was. I talk like a newscaster because I was one. Actually I only go "into" the broadcasting voice when using FS2Crew, not to my girlfriend. LOL.gif Also for the record, I've been through the Windows speech exercise oh, 20 times and it at most misses one sentence (or I do if you ask the computer).So is such a thing possible? Am I remiss for having missed your response in another post (wouldn't be the first time)? Think it would be a worthwhile addition if it were possible.Thanks for sharing any thoughts.
Hi,No way currently to train specific words, but if you have a clear American accent, which I take it you do if you're a trained broadcaster, then you should be getting near perfect voice recognition results.I do.In fact, even our non-native English speakers are able to obtain excellent results.Are you positive you're using the exact phraseology for flaps? Are you in the right mode?Please check the manual again to ensure you're using the exact phrase and that you're following the tutorial.Are you using Win 7 or XP?

I'm obsessive with the commands...i keep the script in front of me. Reading off script was always frowned upon :(. You mentioned elsewhere that a USB headset produced better results. Although I'm getting good results with the teaching the speech engine, perhaps I just need to make a purchase. Thanks for responding and if you ever have a tutorial script for the speech engine, would LOVE to have it.Regards,GeorgeHA036

I'm obsessive with the commands...i keep the script in front of me. Reading off script was always frowned upon :(. You mentioned elsewhere that a USB headset produced better results. Although I'm getting good results with the teaching the speech engine, perhaps I just need to make a purchase. Thanks for responding and if you ever have a tutorial script for the speech engine, would LOVE to have it.Regards,GeorgeHA036
Hi George,Yes, try a USB headset... you can get one for about $20.As mentioned, there's no reason with your setup you shouldn't be getting accuracy rates greater than 95 percent.Cheers,