Sign in to follow this  
Guest EricL

FSW clouds in the library!

Guest Lobaeux4

Looks like the new set of FSW clouds are in the library. Gonna have to check them out after my online flight. Yippee!!Thanks Chris!

Guest Lobaeux4

Well, not sure i can get them to work for me. I installed them, but everytime I get to "loading weather" the sim crashes. I've been getting that a lot with add-ons. The first railroad.bmp, some of the "higher fps" clouds do that, and now the FSW highest performance clouds are doing it as well.

Guest HeavyFan

ANyway to make these Clouds mot Use the Render To Texture option in FS?? I unchecked mine, Beacuse it was known to cause the 2D panel to flash at times!? if i check it, think my Panel will start to go nuts again and Flash while in flight, whcih it not too cool! MIKE:(

Yeah, not too cool when panel creators tell you to turn it off but clouds creators tell you to leave it on.Michael J.

Hi, I found the solution. Go re-download again the files. I have added the 32bits clouds version but in smaller resolution to match the performance compare to dxt3, no need to enable render to texture with these. But the dtx version look little better in this special situation. (normaly 32 bits always look better.) http://fsw.simflight.com/FSWFs2k4fix.htmlCopy the default fs2004 cirrus clouds to Flight Simulator 2004Texture folder and overwrite.Than copy the new fsw 32bits cumulus and 32 bits cirrus version clouds to Flight Simulator 2004Texture folder and overwrite.I will delete the files at avsim and re uploaded them again after.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest HeavyFan

AWESOME CHris! Thank's for finding a Fix, Now I will enjoy your CLouds alot better now! And Thank's for the fast Work! Apprecite it! MIKE:) :)

A bit off topic but when can we expect the new FS Skyworld? Thanks Chris.

Eric 

THANKS!Dick Boley KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

WOW absolutely fantastic, framerates are so great now, even with all sliders maxed out, the last few days the real weather here in denmark have been so bad that my system couldnt handle the weather, now its a joy to fly in the clouds.OHN

Guest product

Chris,I've been enjoying yourlower-res clouds for many months now, the set you posted some time back not long after FS2004 was released. How does this new set differ? Thanks,Joel

Guest claudius41ad

Hello Chris,Just installed them and tried a test flight in S and SW of England. Plenty of heavy cloud there at present.A great improvement all around Chris. Good and stable fps. Thank you for your efforts.RegardsRoger

Hi, I recommend to use the cumulus from the dtx version ONLY if you can enabled the render to texture in fs2004, they appears little better then the 32 bits version because of the resolution is litle larger, but both have the same exact same performance, 16kb each files.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis