Sign in to follow this  
skipjack

Relative FRAME Performance of NGX

I was wondering that now you are in the late development stage, if there is any significant RELATIVE difference in Frame Rates& performance in FSX between using a default A/C (say their 737/800) & the NGX .Just curious to know if NGX will be more demanding computer performance wise or less so or about the same? .... (I don't know if there's a previous post on the subject).Just for info, I have just bought a new system just for NGX, & have loaded in FSX & ORBX.ASRock P55 PRO M/B - Intel P55, DDR3 2600+, Intel i5- 650 Core i5 CPU, Dual Core 3.20 GHz, -RAM 4GB KIT ( 2 x 2GB) DDR3 PC-12800 (1600MHz), HIS ATI HD 6850 PCI-E 2.1 1GB 256-bit GDDR5,I have set slider settings about same as recomended by ORBX FTX Australia, & with APT add ons, Frame rates unlimited!Getting sometimes over 100fps. However running FTX YBBN APT this drops down to 20 to 30fps, sometimes as low as 15, but on average about 30 to 60fpsdepending on the scene view etc. Overall though, works very well in FSX.Regards,Stewart Thompson.

I was wondering that now you are in the late development stage, if there is any significant RELATIVE difference in Frame Rates& performance in FSX between using a default A/C (say their 737/800) & the NGX .Just curious to know if NGX will be more demanding computer performance wise or less so or about the same? .... (I don't know if there's a previous post on the subject).Just for info, I have just bought a new system just for NGX, & have loaded in FSX & ORBX.ASRock P55 PRO M/B - Intel P55, DDR3 2600+, Intel i5- 650 Core i5 CPU, Dual Core 3.20 GHz, -RAM 4GB KIT ( 2 x 2GB) DDR3 PC-12800 (1600MHz), HIS ATI HD 6850 PCI-E 2.1 1GB 256-bit GDDR5,I have set slider settings about same as recomended by ORBX FTX Australia, & with APT add ons, Frame rates unlimited!Getting sometimes over 100fps. However running FTX YBBN APT this drops down to 20 to 30fps, sometimes as low as 15, but on average about 30 to 60fpsdepending on the scene view etc. Overall though, works very well in FSX.Regards,Stewart Thompson.
This is still a difficult question to answer because the NGX is still under development. My experience has been the same as Ryan has mentioned in prior threads. As Ryan stated the NGX is still being optimized and I am also seeing similar performance as the other PMDG products like the MD11 and 744.

Stewart, as with any complex addon, you will not be getting the same performance as you would with a default aircraft. That being said, performance right now is within the range of what we would expect from an aircraft this complex, and are on par with (and in many cases better than) similar addons we have produced in the past.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Vin, that been said - could you 'confirm' that in current state the NGX's 2D panel have more or likely the same performance as the MD11 f.ex?

Vin, that been said - could you 'confirm' that in current state the NGX's 2D panel have more or likely the same performance as the MD11 f.ex?
The 2D panel has better performance than the VC right now (as to be expected), that's all we can say. When development is finished, we plan on producing a guide explaining what to expect on machines with various system specs.I'm also thinking about producing a detailed guide complete with pictures on how to build and configure an overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500K system for those who want to upgrade just ahead of the release.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The 2D panel has better performance than the VC right now (as to be expected), that's all we can say. When development is finished, we plan on producing a guide explaining what to expect on machines with various system specs.I'm also thinking about producing a detailed guide complete with pictures on how to build and configure an overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500K system for those who want to upgrade just ahead of the release.
Wish you would have done that 3 weeks ago. :PJ/K

I'm also thinking about producing a detailed guide complete with pictures on how to build and configure an overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500K system for those who want to upgrade just ahead of the release.
Ryan, I'd find such a guide very helpful as I plan an upgrade....thanks for considering this!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Frame rate sample from the VC. Smooth with *very few stutters. Everyone start saving or think about saving for an Ivy or Sandy bridge.Tom
Tom... I'm curious, and don't take this the wrong way... it's just that I've always been perplexed because it happens quite often.Why would someone take someone else's YouTube video and post it on their own channel?

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Ryan,I ended up upgrading my system for a I5 2500K , Intel DH67CL mobo, Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 and continue for as long with my GTS 250. Unfortunately I could not choose a motherboard, and this model no offers overclock features. Is there any solution via software or something like...?[Thanks!

Wish you would have done that 3 weeks ago. :PJ/K
Your system specs look great, don't worry about it.
Frame rate sample from the VC. Smooth with *very few stutters. Everyone start saving or think about saving for an Ivy or Sandy bridge.Tom
That was done on an older i7 920 (Vin's machine) too - he doesn't even run a super high overclock actually.
Ryan,I ended up upgrading my system for a I5 2500K , Intel DH67CL mobo, Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 and continue for as long with my GTS 250. Unfortunately I could not choose a motherboard, and this model no offers overclock features. Is there any solution via software or something like...?[Thanks!
Unfortunately no, you're gonna be stuck with what the board's BIOS gives you...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm also thinking about producing a detailed guide complete with pictures on how to build and configure an overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500K system for those who want to upgrade just ahead of the release.
This would be Awesome! specially for us "less than qualified" overclockers. Thanks Ryan.

There are some programs that let you overclock the B-clock of the chip once you identify the phase lock loop(PLL), I don't thimk you can overvolt the chip or anything, but have a look at this:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=41097

Overclocking the bclk is dangerous on a Sandy Bridge system - it doesn't work like it does on the earlier 9xx and 8xx chips.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Ryan that would be incredible. My dream is to have a great machine that solely runs fsx (and of course, many, many addons Big%20Grin.gif). But a step by step guide by you would make the process much easier and more rewarding. Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace