Sign in to follow this  
Ehrhardt

RSS/Atom Feeds

I am running a Virtual Airline List (not a Virtual Airline) and was wondering where certain Feeds are located. I know that there is / are:- an RSS News Feed on the frontpage which leads to: http://feed43.com/2535707542632206.xml,- several links to Feeds right here on the forum (the Vatsim and IVAO feeds don't work though).However, the feed43.com is absolutely not working for me or on my hosted page (va-list.com > VA News > RSS Feeds) and although it is seemingly a valid feed, it generates some errors (validation link). And I have reasons to suspect that the feed43.com is the culprit in this case.So, I was wondering where the 'original' coded feed (for example: www.avsim.net/feed.php) is which I can use to add to my other third party feeds on the before mentioned page. The frontpage news is more interesting to me because it has the most relevant items. If at all possible, I would recommend Google's feedburner page for creating these types of feeds.Regards,Erik

Look at the top right of each and every forums area. there is a little Orange RSS Icon. Click on it. Use the feeds given there. When we upgraded to the IPBoard Forum software, the RSS feeds came with it as an added feature. They are all done there now.Hope this helps.Icon looks like this:http://static.avsim.net/forum/public/style_images/master/feed.pngEdit: I see from a previous post now that we have been down this road before. The feed43 link on the front page does work for me. I am not sure why it doesn't work for your site. It bring up a listing of news. Since our current site doesn't "link" to stories, there is no other way to XML the feed. At some point when we get a new site online, and we know how well it went last time with the community, RSS will be a part of it.Till then, feed43 is the only method we have.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler