Sign in to follow this  
JohnY

EGNT Newcastle Airport

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but your Controllers don't know where EGNT Newcastle in the north east of England is.:( I tried to fly there from both EGHI Southampton Intl., and EGNM Leeds/Bradford and each time was put on to a heading of 180 degrees due south which is the exact opposite of where I wanted to go. When flying from Southampton they had me on 180 degrees for some 30 miles, then turned me on to a northerly heading only to 10 minutes later to turn me back on to 180 degrees after curtly telling me off!!I cancelled the flight thinking it was me. Running out of time, I tried to do the flight from Leeds only to be directed on to a 180 degree heading again. Thankfully, the weather was fine so I finally finished the flight VFR using FSX ATC and an ILS landingJohn

John,It sounds like RC is trying to send you to 0N, 0W. Is this the default EGNT or have you added a 3rd party version? And if it is a 3rd party version have you rebuilt your database? If you have and still have a problem it sounds like your not passing close enough to waypoints to receive credit. Hence the instruction to do a 180.Check everything above and if you feel something is wrong post your FS9 plan here. But my guess is it's one of the above things.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Let's check the RC scenery database for EGNT:Go into your RC4\data folder. Make safe renamed copies of r4.csv and a4.csv. Now, I only have FS9 but the procedure and data is similar and I'm posting data here for the default FS9 EGNT.Open a4.csv with Wordpad (do not use ECEL). Search for EGNT. The line should be close to the following:EGNT, , 55.03792 ,-1.689792 , 4 , 266 , 7630Close a4.csv and open r4.csv. Here's what I have:EGNT,0070,55.033531,-1.706368,266,69.190,7630,111.50BDG,151,-4.000,55.037922,-1.689792,394,,EGNT,0250,55.042313,-1.673216,266,249.190,7630,111.50BDG,151,-4.000,55.037922,-1.689792,450,,Are yours similar?If not, make sure you are using the latest makerwys from the links above, at least version 4.41 or better. If not:If you are using an add-on EGNT make sure there are no other afd (afcad) type files such as installed by some traffic add-ons and that you are using the one from your add-on.In an early FS9 version of the UK2000 EGNT there was possibly a .bgl file called DELETE_ALL_PREVIOUS_AFCADS or similar in its scenery folder. Version 4.41 of makerwys should have taken care of that so it was not at the highest priority but just in case rename the extension of that DELETE file for now to .bgh if you have it. What happened was the entries for EGNT were erroneous giving 0/0 coordinates. (This was found on a search in this forum.)Either way, if the coordinates are not similar to the lines I posted above we'll do some further trouble shooting with the makerwys log file in your FS folder.

Just to clear up what seems to be a misunderstanding, I am using FSX. EGNT is a freeware addon. I can quite easily do without it, so before doing anything further, I'll uninstall that and reinstall the UK2000 Vol.3 one. I know the airfields in that work ok with Radar Contact.I'll have to do it over the weekend and will let you know.Thanks for the early response.John

Do you have a link for the freeware EGNT? I'd like to check that out for reference. Thanks.

Do you have a link for the freeware EGNT? I'd like to check that out for reference. Thanks.
RonzieSend me your email address by PM and I'll send it to you. I beta test for the author and we work together a lot. The only thing is it mustn't be used for sale or distribution.John

PS - RonWe're talking about the IFR flights EGHI Southampton Intl. to EGNT Newcastle all taking off from Runway 20.Ok, I've now established in my own mind that it is a fault in Radar Contact. I've done four identical flights, one using Plan G as the flight programmer and Radar Contact. Another using Radar Contact alone with the flight programmed into FSX and transferred to Radar Contact in Windowed view. One using FSX IFR alone from the Plan-G program and one using FSX IFR programmed separately with the Plan-G deleted..The two flights using Radar Contact were hopeless and sent me miles out to sea (South), then East (080), then South (180). By then I was at 26000' and gave up each time.The FSX IFR flights with and without Plan G were perfect and brought me round left via courses of 080 and then o15. By then I was at 26000' and heading in the correct Northern direction.The destination in all of them was the original freeware addon and the departing airport a UK2000 version.So, it looks as if you've got some work to do I'm afraid.:( :( All the best.John

I sent a PM to you with an address and what I need. Thanks for your cooperation.

Ok Ron. I've just sent you the complete FSX Flight Plan and the addon Newcastle Airport.You'll probably be able to sort it out from that lot.I must say I'm surprised you are making stuff for FSX but still using FS9 yourself.John

I got the files you sent and still need a couple. I sent an e-mail to you.I am a beta tester, not the designer. RC4 works with FSX and FS9 due to the compatibility of Pete Dowson's makerwys.exe and using FSUIPC4 (for FSX) or FSUIPC3 (for FS9) which presents mostly the same FS interface to RC for what it needs. Our beta testers include users of both platforms.I have an editor that can look at some of the bgl files you sent me directly.

I was able to for RC scenery data purposes install the FSX add-on EGNT airport into FS9 just to extract the airport data. Makerwys correctly put it in the proper priority and the rc a4 airport location data and runway location data is correct in the rc database.Here's the RC airport location and runway data:EGNT, , 55.03791 ,-1.689807 , 3 , 266 , 7630 from a4.csv translates to N55:02:18 W1:41:21 which is the mean airport center by the runways location. This data needs to be compared to the coordinates for EGNT in your .pln file.From r4.csv:EGNT,0070,55.033524,-1.706383,266,68.190,7630,111.50BDG,151,-3.000,55.037914,-1.689807,394,,EGNT,0250,55.042305,-1.673231,266,248.190,7630,111.50BDG,151,-3.000,55.037914,-1.689807,450,,The only problem I find is that both ends of 7/25 have the same frequency ILS and the back course is enabled on both (FSX default scenery standard). Unless within two degrees of the extended center line your nav gear will be picking up the wrong ILS. Before you lock your AP to it be sure the ident is correct.To correct this you would need to use ADE9X freeware or AFX payware, get the properties for each ILS and turn off the back course for each. This will prevent false reception on the back side of these ILS transmitters as you are on your intercept course.The developers created the file Newcastle EGNT.bgl in an editor called SDE. Here's the decompiled code for both localizers:<Ils lat="55.0428892672062" lon="-1.67108103632927" alt="81.076M" heading="65.1900024414063" frequency="111.500" end="PRIMARY" range="50017.0M" magvar="4" ident="INC" width="5.17922353744507" name="CAT III ILS/DME 07" backCourse="TRUE"><Ils lat="55.0331531837583" lon="-1.70777276158333" alt="81.076M" heading="245.190002441406" frequency="111.500" end="SECONDARY" range="50017.0M" magvar="4" ident="INWC" width="5.33857822418213" name="CAT II ILS/DME 25" backCourse="TRUE">You might want to pass that on to them.

As I said in my email; 'Problem solved'.For others reading this thread, I should say that the answer when using addon airports seems to be to 'Rebuild Scenery DB' each time before flying. It has to be that since that was a flight using the previously saved failed one and the only thing I did different was that.This is no problem for me. It only takes seconds.The other thing is the tip about turning the voices down in FSX to help make the Rafar Contact ones predominate. This actually works very well and I now have my FSX voices marked down to 40 on the slider. Previously, having problems hearing Radar Contact ATC I had been putting the sound up and they had reached 90 before Ron gave me that tip. It was bedlam in here LOL.gif !! My wife was complaining from the other room!:( Ah, well. All's well that ends well. By the way does anyone know what 'QNH' stands for?Lastly. Great thanks to Ron for his perseverance. It can't be easy when discussing stuff with me. As I've said before, I'm not a bad computer operator but that's as far as it goes. I don't understand half the language you expert guys use. To me, it might just as well be Chinese if you know what I mean.:( :( John

Glad it is working for you. You should only need to run the scenery rebuild after you have added new airport scenery or an afcad (afd type file). A good clue is if you start FS and it indexes the scenery shut it down and then in RC rebuild the database. There should be no reason the RC scenery database files should not be sticky between sessions unless something in your PC system is caching file writes and not flushing the disk cache to write to the fixed disk. For accuracy you need makerwys 4.41 or better as noted in the pinned link topic at the forum head.Yes, RC plays directly through your .wav mixer and not via the FS sound system. You balance RC audio using the Windows or audio card wav mixer against the settings in the FS sound mixer. You adjust the overall audio volume of all using your Windows or audio card master slider.Note in the RC voice selection tab you can play the various wav files without FS running for the controller and chatter pilots only by clicking on the controller/chatter pilot name. This gives you a sample of how they will sound. The slider under each voice is the speed of delivery. Sliders to the left (default) is recommended.:"For the Pilots‟ Co-Pilots‟ and Controllers‟ tabs, there is a slider under each voice. As you move the slider to the right, the delay between words and phrases will become more obvious. There is a Master Slider on each tab, which moves all sliders at once. You adjust each voice individually, and click the button to hear how your slider setting sounds. The Pilot‟s and Co-Pilot‟s sliders will move together. In other words, if you select John Dekker as Pilot, and set the slider to position 2, the corresponding Co-Pilot slider will be set to 2."

Yes Ron, I did change something. It was an Afcad from My Traffic I disabled because it was using what was a runway but is now a taxiway.I'll have a look at those sliders. Thanks.John

Guest uptoit
Just to clear up what seems to be a misunderstanding, I am using FSX. EGNT is a freeware addon. I can quite easily do without it, so before doing anything further, I'll uninstall that and reinstall the UK2000 Vol.3 one. I know the airfields in that work ok with Radar Contact.I'll have to do it over the weekend and will let you know.Thanks for the early response.John
I had simular probs, I donloaded this: MakeRwys.EXE Version 4.45, by Pete Dowson. just put it into your FS folder, then use radar contact to rebuild the database, don't do as it says and run it in fs foder let contact do it