Sign in to follow this  
iKey

My Comp

Good evening community!I bought my PC parts a few months ago and put them together. Unfortunately, i was pretty much limited so my system is not as good as many others here.Still, i'd like to hear opinons about it and the overclocking. I am planning to buy a new cooler, maybe the Scythe Mugen.My current system...Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BitAsus M4A87TD EvoAMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4 GHZKingston 2 x 2048 MB DDR3 RAMEVGA GTX 460 EEMy PC case has 4 fans, 2 taking the air in, 2 at the back and top blowing the air out to prevent heat gathering.What do you think about this system? And the overclocking possibilities, also considering the NGX to run on this system.Best regards, and thanks in advance,iK.

could you please tell me what this system costs??? Because i'm thinking of maybe doing an upgrade (got some money at my birthday yihaaah) but i don't want to spend more than ~700$... But however it depends on your scenery/airport add-ons.With my system (intel core 2 duo 2*2.93Ghz 4gb ddr2 ati 4850HD) i'm gettin 30 fps at default EDDF with the MD11 but autogen very low. With yours you should be able to have fun with PMDG aircraft and Addon scenery but only at mid-high settings.

regards,

Alexander Marx

Sure. I will let you know once i get my paper stuff here so i can count how much i spent on all the parts. I bought them in germany, paid in €. I guess it was around 600€.

could you please tell me what this system costs??? Because i'm thinking of maybe doing an upgrade (got some money at my birthday yihaaah) but i don't want to spend more than ~700$... But however it depends on your scenery/airport add-ons.With my system (intel core 2 duo 2*2.93Ghz 4gb ddr2 ati 4850HD) i'm gettin 30 fps at default EDDF with the MD11 but autogen very low. With yours you should be able to have fun with PMDG aircraft and Addon scenery but only at mid-high settings.
Even though that AMD is a quad core, coming from a core 2 it would be more of a sidegrade. with 700$ you can get a whole new Sandy Bridge system. What's your case and PSU?

I had a dual core 2,6GHZ which was a really old one, so yeah for me it was a good upgrade. However if you ask for my PSU, it's a be quiet! pure power 530W

Damn, I just spent $4400 on a new StealthMachine PC. I have to make sure I get the credit card bill before my wife does. This got me the i7 990x OC'd to 4 gHz (liquid cooled) and the nvVidia 590 card, 120 GB SSD, ASUS rampage Extreme II Mb, 12 GB ram, 1250 V power supply. I do get > 100 fps with the PDMG 747 with all scenery sliders maxed out. But most of all - no system crashed due to low mwemory with that garbage Vista 32 OS. I bet someone spent 1/2 by building it themselves and using the 2600 CPU and gets better results.

Paul Gugliotta

I really wish most of you guys would check out the hardware forums here at Avsim. All of this information is readily available. Going from a Core 2 to an AMD would be nonsensical. Truly. Spending $4,400 on that machine was too. No offense. And yes, Paul, even my machine that I built for $1,100 would give yours a run for it's money in FSX. That GTX590 is truly waisted for an FSX rig. Though the latest shooters I'm sure love it, I don't play other games. :( Please, please, please come and post the same questions in the Mobos, etc. hardware forum: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/326-mobo-ram-cpus-other-hardware/ With guidelines in this forum, you can build a system that will chew through FSX and the much anticipated NGX as well for years to come.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I really wish most of you guys would check out the hardware forums here at Avsim. All of this information is readily available. Going from a Core 2 to an AMD would be nonsensical. Truly. Spending $4,400 on that machine was too. No offense. And yes, Paul, even my machine that I built for $1,100 would give yours a run for it's money in FSX. That GTX590 is truly waisted for an FSX rig. Though the latest shooters I'm sure love it, I don't play other games. :( Please, please, please come and post the same questions in the Mobos, etc. hardware forum: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/326-mobo-ram-cpus-other-hardware/ With guidelines in this forum, you can build a system that will chew through FSX and the much anticipated NGX as well for years to come.
Agreed! You can get the answers here too but if you go to the hardware forum you will get better faster answers! The 2500K or the 2600K are the way to go at the moment.

But why upgrading now??? Wait for te release, test it on your old system and afterwards you can check out what you need :) Anyways, my ol' system gotta work ;)

regards,

Alexander Marx