Sign in to follow this  
RossThomson

Limiter

Hi there!Can someone be nice enough to provide a copy of the FPS External Limiter?The link on rapidshare seems to be useless.Thanks!

Isn't this piracy? Discussion about piracy is banned here.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Isn't this piracy? Discussion about piracy is banned here.
No, it's not.

I've been using a tool by Kegety called D3D Antilag."Helps reduce input latency (mainly mouse lag) in Direct3D 9 games by limiting the amount of frames rendered ahead. Can also limit the framerate."Here is the download page:D3D antilag v1.01

I've been using a tool by Kegety called D3D Antilag."Helps reduce input latency (mainly mouse lag) in Direct3D 9 games by limiting the amount of frames rendered ahead. Can also limit the framerate."Here is the download page:D3D antilag v1.01
I like this one a lot better than the FPS Limiter 0.2 one. It doesn't require you to launch the sim through an external bat file or anything. You just set the input latency part of it to 0 and use the other part to set the framerate.The one downside here is that you can't use this with the ENB Series HDR mod. They both use the same method of hooking the system's Direct3D library through a d3d9.dll in the FSX folder, so you can only run one at a time.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,I've been using the D3D antilag also and noticed that whatever frame rate I specify in the config file(e.g., 30), I get half of that in FSX when I undock any panel. Have you noticed that?Thanks,Stacey

No, it's not.
Oops, i thought I heard about a payware limiter somewhere, and I thought it was this one here handed out free. Doh.gif

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ryan,I've been using the D3D antilag also and noticed that whatever frame rate I specify in the config file(e.g., 30), I get half of that in FSX when I undock any panel. Have you noticed that?Thanks,Stacey
Yes that is the downfall to these fps limiters.JackColwill

I just installed this limiter, but I'm seeing no change at all. I installed both files (antilag.cfg and D3D9.dll) in the main FSX folder, so it's listed along with other .dll files, below the main folders (add on scenery, autogen, level-d, PMDG, etc). I changed the fps limit to 35, and have the render ahead limit at 1. Started FSX, made sure the frame rate slider is at "unlimited", but I'm still seeing default airport frame rates all over the place (default KDCA in a KingAir is 70, but jumping all over the place. And, I still get "stutters" when I take off and land. Any ideas how to fix this? Many thanks.

I like this one a lot better than the FPS Limiter 0.2 one. It doesn't require you to launch the sim through an external bat file or anything. You just set the input latency part of it to 0 and use the other part to set the framerate.The one downside here is that you can't use this with the ENB Series HDR mod. They both use the same method of hooking the system's Direct3D library through a d3d9.dll in the FSX folder, so you can only run one at a time.
Hi,You can use ENB Series HDR mod and the Antilag FPS limiter at the same time by using the ENB series proxy facility: ENB series proxyJust rename the Antilag d3d9.dll to something like ad3d9.dll and include the following in your enbseries.ini file:EnableProxyLibrary=1ProxyLibrary=ad3d9.dllMaarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi,You can use ENB Series HDR mod and the Antilag FPS limiter at the same time by using the ENB series proxy facility: ENB series proxyJust rename the Antilag d3d9.dll to something like ad3d9.dll and include the following in your enbseries.ini file:EnableProxyLibrary=1ProxyLibrary=ad3d9.dllMaarten
Holy crap, I was not aware of that feature! Thanks!
I just installed this limiter, but I'm seeing no change at all. I installed both files (antilag.cfg and D3D9.dll) in the main FSX folder, so it's listed along with other .dll files, below the main folders (add on scenery, autogen, level-d, PMDG, etc). I changed the fps limit to 35, and have the render ahead limit at 1. Started FSX, made sure the frame rate slider is at "unlimited", but I'm still seeing default airport frame rates all over the place (default KDCA in a KingAir is 70, but jumping all over the place. And, I still get "stutters" when I take off and land. Any ideas how to fix this? Many thanks.
That's strange, it should always work provided those two files are in the root. Set render ahead limit = 0 btw too, you don't need that feature, it's for dealing with mouse lag in first person shooter games.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com