Sign in to follow this  
RossThomson

Limiter

Wait, so you *can* use the limiter with ENB?Egads I love you guys!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Wait, so you *can* use the limiter with ENB?Egads I love you guys!
Yes, you can!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Ryan,I seem to have it working now. I had to uncheck the "preview DirectX 10" box. Just tried the KDCA r/w 19 river visual approach, and it was much smoother. I can't wait to try that same approach in the NGX <HINT>

Ryan,I seem to have it working now. I had to uncheck the "preview DirectX 10" box. Just tried the KDCA r/w 19 river visual approach, and it was much smoother. I can't wait to try that same approach in the NGX <HINT>
The limited is a Direct X 9 hook - that's what the "d3d9" in the dll name is. Definitely will not work in DX10.Btw everyone, that Proxy method does work - you can use ENB and the limiter at the same time - I tried it earlier and it worked great.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,You can use ENB Series HDR mod and the Antilag FPS limiter at the same time by using the ENB series proxy facility: ENB series proxyJust rename the Antilag d3d9.dll to something like ad3d9.dll and include the following in your enbseries.ini file:EnableProxyLibrary=1ProxyLibrary=ad3d9.dllMaarten
thanx for the post

Btw everyone, that Proxy method does work - you can use ENB and the limiter at the same time - I tried it earlier and it worked great.
Does it still work after long flights? That seems to be when everyone had the CTD.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Hey all, I was using FPS Limiter .02 (whichever the one with the batch file)... After reading this thread, I have been experimenting with D3D Antilag... Whenever I switch from Full screen, to windowed, and back to full screen... All I get is a mouse cursor and a black full screen. Also, firefox does not seem to be usable while FSX is running. Is this user error or a byproduct of the limiter? Thanks in advance.Cheers!

Hey all, I was using FPS Limiter .02 (whichever the one with the batch file)... After reading this thread, I have been experimenting with D3D Antilag... Whenever I switch from Full screen, to windowed, and back to full screen... All I get is a mouse cursor and a black full screen. Also, firefox does not seem to be usable while FSX is running. Is this user error or a byproduct of the limiter? Thanks in advance.Cheers!
Hi,If I remember well, the black screen issue can be resolved by setting DisablePreload=0 in FSX.CFG.Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Not sure about that firefox issue you're talking about, but concerning the black screen only showing your mouse cursor, in that case all I have to do to get my FSX screen showing properly is to hit the 'Enter' button on the keyboard. Works every time for me.hope that solves your problem...

Antilag and ENB are working together using the above tweak... however, I remember having used ENB a year ago (I did not used it since then) and the difference between ENB ON & OFF seemed much more obvious when I tried it a year ago compare to today.... can this come from the fact that I am using a GTX580 with HDMI cable whereas I was using the GTX 285 with SVGA cable before ?Thanks

too much, too soon....

Not sure about that firefox issue you're talking about, but concerning the black screen only showing your mouse cursor, in that case all I have to do to get my FSX screen showing properly is to hit the 'Enter' button on the keyboard. Works every time for me.hope that solves your problem...
Thank you Thibault! I'll give it a test run when I get home from work!Cheers!

By the way, these are 2 shots (with and without ENB) and the results look wierd don't you think ?http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/withenb.png/http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/withoutenb.png/

too much, too soon....

well I was using fps limiter but it stopped working (don't know why). I tried lot of things and nothing worked, so I switched VSync on and have steady 30FPS (ingame limiter set to unlimited). didn't noticed any problem :)

Hi,If I remember well, the black screen issue can be resolved by setting DisablePreload=0 in FSX.CFG.Maarten
Which you shouldn't do because it screws up the initialization of some of our planes (J41 mainly). I don't see how that has anything to do with the graphics rendering though - Preload is how it actually starts loading the flight in the background while you're on the FSX menu screens setting up the flight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Holy crap, I was not aware of that feature! Thanks!
You could also try this program too :( (Quote'd from another post in FSX forum)
Thought I would link everyone a nice utility I use to limit FPS in FSX. It's called DXTory and is primarily a program for recording videos (like Fraps) but also has a frame limiter. Here is the page: http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.htmlThe reason I like this one over the other options:-the Java-based FPSLimiter v 0.2 requires a batch file to start which some add on programs don't like, plus sometimes it doesn't capture FSX right on startup with addons like EZCA.-the D3DAntilag has problems switching from windowed to fullscreen for some peopleIt's payware but you don't have to pay to use the limiter, it just takes 10 seconds to start the program and then it will open up a browser window whenever you close the utility.Make sure you disable the FPS overlay in DXTory's settings and set your FPS limit as well. Click the tab with the monitor with the little '69' to disable the overlay and then go to the tab with the chip icon to check the FPS limiter box and set your desired FPS. This useful little program also works in DX10 mode, and 8 and even 7 for older games that might benefit from a limited framerate.
:(