Sign in to follow this  
MistyBlue

Terminal Procedures Plates App on iPad

Krister has it right...FSKneeboard is a terrific app for the iPad. A real bargain for what you get and convenient to use as well.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Come to think of it, I'll post a list of the apps I have installed that are related to flightsimming or flying in general. In case someone needs some inspiration! :DFlightsim related- vroute.mobile- FSKneeboard- VATviewer- FlightCtrl HD, ATCProHD, AirChallenge :D- iDisplay- GoodreaderRelated to flying IRL- FlightRadar24- FlightplanHD- Sporty's E6B- PFHD Free- Flightstatus- Flightaware Livetracking- Airports4Pilots- AirNavPro- LiveATCDocumentation- FAR91- AIM- IFR Flying (FAA)- IFR Proc (FAA)- Pilot Handbook (FAA)Here is also a list of iPad and iPhone apps that are related to flying

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

If those are only for USA you are selling yourself short. I can get everything that has through Airnav, Skyvector, and the NOAA AWC.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

OR, you can get Noah Bryant's EXCELLENT FSKneeboard for about 10 USD...
I just heard about this and it does look like a great, and more affordable app. So I think I'll give it a try.EDIT: Downloaded it and it's exactly what I needed. Definitely worth the money.

Tony

If you want a good moving map FSWidgets makes IGMap for the iPhone/iPad/Droid, it's not laggy at all and has clickable airport info (rwys, freq, ILS info), VORs, NDBs, and intersections and you can choose to turn those off or on at any point. It displays your route with clickable waypoints and has many map overlays including a google maps look as well as shaded terrain, also has US terminal & sectional charts. I don't know if the iPad comes with airport charts or not. http://s1234.photobu...ftommy06/IGMap/

You guys should check out Aivlasoft EFB. It comes in a downloadable fully functional 30 day trial (thereafter you have to purchase a license). I used to download PDFs for each flight, even bought FS Kneeboard for my iPhone but now I don't even touch that stuff. Just enter your flight plan info, and Aivlasoft's EFB will pull up all the charts you need, and give you live weather info (option to connect to Active Sky), a moving map of your aircraft, and a whole wealth of other info. I currently use it on my Macbook Air adjacent to my FSX display and it works great. Definitely worth the buy. I was reading through their forums and I believe some guy even got it to work on the iPad and Aivlasoft released an update to square away some compatibility issues. Check it out, in my book it's totally worth it.Brandon Burkley

Brandon Burkley

You guys should check out Aivlasoft EFB. It comes in a downloadable fully functional 30 day trial (thereafter you have to purchase a license). I used to download PDFs for each flight, even bought FS Kneeboard for my iPhone but now I don't even touch that stuff. Just enter your flight plan info, and Aivlasoft's EFB will pull up all the charts you need, and give you live weather info (option to connect to Active Sky), a moving map of your aircraft, and a whole wealth of other info. I currently use it on my Macbook Air adjacent to my FSX display and it works great. Definitely worth the buy. I was reading through their forums and I believe some guy even got it to work on the iPad and Aivlasoft released an update to square away some compatibility issues. Check it out, in my book it's totally worth it.Brandon Burkley
Another satisfied user of Aivlasoft here. There was a recent 25% off sale on it (keep in mind its priced in Swiss Francs, not dollars). Excellent software and I will be moving it to a touchscreen in the hardware cockpit (native support). For paper charts and Real world flying, I still like pdf plates offering.

Aerosoft is also working on some new applications for the Ipad. Check this thread out:Aerosoft RadiostackLooks like the Ipad is really "taking off" as the new companion for flightsimmers..Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

A couple of questions for anyone using iDisplay. Does it require you to run FS in a windowed mode? Does it work with a 64bit system? I had read some comments where it only worked in 32bit systems.

NAX669.png

I am actually quite worried about the fact of running FSX windowed, I kinda hate that. Not even sure if I have to in order to undock just one panel window, e. g. a CDU. I hope not. sig.gif
I am also interested in this question. Can you undock and transfer the CDU while running FSX fullscreen?
Does it work with a 64bit system? I had read some comments where it only worked in 32bit systems.
Hi Mike, on the homepage of iDisplay there is a downloadable version for both windows Vista and 7 x64, so I guess it's compatible.Regards,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

Aerosoft is also working on some new applications for the Ipad. Check this thread out:Aerosoft RadiostackLooks like the Ipad is really "taking off" as the new companion for flightsimmers..Arjen Nederstigt
That one sure looks pretty dandy although I already have Goflight modules to control radios and transponder. The way you choose frequencies seems slighly odd to me but still intriguing!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I just heard about this and it does look like a great, and more affordable app. So I think I'll give it a try.EDIT: Downloaded it and it's exactly what I needed. Definitely worth the money.
Glad you are enjoying it!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Well, I bought iDisplay, and I am able to get Aivlasoft's EFB to show up on my iPad,but when I do something on the iPad it screws up FSX. It doesn't matter if it's in windowed mode or full screen. If I do an alt-enter, it moves FSX to my iPad.

NAX669.png

when I do something on the iPad it screws up FSX. It doesn't matter if it's in windowed mode or full screen. If I do an alt-enter, it moves FSX to my iPad.
I use my iPad2 with iDisplay for the FMC from time to time and it has been quite stable. Never had FSX end up on the iPad! But I run FSX in windowed mode. In full screen everything goes black for me for some reason.

Tony