Sign in to follow this  
Guest thebarnstormer

Can't login to Library

Guest thebarnstormer

Hello,I've been logging into the library without difficulty using latest Firefox browser until today. I get a username/password error with Firefox and with IE... also any attempt to retrieve lost/forgotten data results in a "that e-mail address is not registered" type message... I've also attempted to access the library using this forum user info with the same results..... Am I the only one?Thanks.... Jerry

Hello,I've been logging into the library without difficulty using latest Firefox browser until today. I get a username/password error with Firefox and with IE... also any attempt to retrieve lost/forgotten data results in a "that e-mail address is not registered" type message... I've also attempted to access the library using this forum user info with the same results..... Am I the only one?Thanks.... Jerry
Hallo,you´re not alone! I´ve the same problem.Sandman

Guest vasamicke

Same here, using Opera, IE8 and IE9 :-( Regards Micke.

Encountered the same problem as of 5/5/11. However I am able to log into the forums without difficulty. Anybody have a solution or work around for this problem?later,spud

I have encountered the same problem as of yesterday, 5/5/11. Strange thing is that I can use my login here on the forums. Must be something with either FF4.0.1 and/or more likely a M$ update changing something as I had used this version of FF to log in previously.Anyone have an idea what we need to do to make things go back to normal??

I just checked via two different machines using both IE and FF. The library is working. Let me give you some insight into what may be going on.First, both the Forums and Library are run off the same SQL server. If the database starts giving fits, it will affect both the library and the forums. We have had that happen occasionally in the past weeks. But the key to note is that if that situation arises, both will be affected, and typically will be offline. Recovery is usually in minutes and is not protracted.Alternatively, when you go to the library and it does not respond check the forums. If they are offline, you know immediately that the SQL server is acting up... However, if the forums are running and library is not, then you can be pretty sure that the issue lies on your side. Typically, issues result when MS, in all their wisdom, sends out an update that breaks your ability to connect with the library.I hope that helps a bit.

I have had trouble for the past 2 day, can't log in nor retrieve my password (Sorry, there is no account with that email address. Try registering instead) Been in the system for years.

I just checked via two different machines using both IE and FF. The library is working. Let me give you some insight into what may be going on.First, both the Forums and Library are run off the same SQL server. If the database starts giving fits, it will affect both the library and the forums. We have had that happen occasionally in the past weeks. But the key to note is that if that situation arises, both will be affected, and typically will be offline. Recovery is usually in minutes and is not protracted.Alternatively, when you go to the library and it does not respond check the forums. If they are offline, you know immediately that the SQL server is acting up... However, if the forums are running and library is not, then you can be pretty sure that the issue lies on your side. Typically, issues result when MS, in all their wisdom, sends out an update that breaks your ability to connect with the library.I hope that helps a bit.
Btw...using IE9.0Darryl

I have the same problem and posted the problem on the forum and even wrote the library team, it worked fine on Tuesday.It would be appreciated if someone would look into the problemThanks,Dale Reitz

I have the same problem and posted the problem on the forum and even wrote the library team, it worked fine on Tuesday.It would be appreciated if someone would look into the problemThanks,Dale Reitz
Tried to register again and noticed this when my mouse cursor was over the button...Waiting for "http://library.Avsim.net/register.php?Oops=BadUserLogin"