Sign in to follow this  
MD83

SGA MD-83 RELEASED!!!

Thanks SGA :D I've been waiting for the BWIA version for ages :) :) :) :) :) :)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hope this file will be uploaded to Avsim soon cause the link above is (probably) overloaded..and doesnt work.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Great Jon! Finally something decent to wrap around my two MD83 panels for FS2004 ... one for each of your paints! Took the Alaskan bird up out of Vancouver tonight and tried BWI out from Antigua. Lovely work, my man. They seem to fly, too.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hi :)I flew your MD-83 last night, and I was very happy! :) It looks so realistic!

The MD-83 looks great--I like the default Alaska paint....Noticed the fan blades on the engines don't move in either the internal or external views.... Was that by design?Congrats on the release, and many thanks for what SGA does for the hobby!-John

Hey John,Yes that's by design. On this particular engine (the JT8D-219 I think), the 1st stators are fixed, hence they aren't animated. I don't know how much modeling work it'd take to animate the 2nd stators, but you can't really see them anyway when the engine is running...here's a good pic to illustrate:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/304668/L/Stand by for more paints soon. My Delta MD-88 is uploaded and should be available shortly.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/34496.htmlRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest Arrington

GREAT work Steve! :) The stator in the inlet are Inlet Guide Vanes (IGV). The first stage compressor behind that assembly would be more correctly referred to as a rotor, rather than a stator. :)semantics...

Thanks Steve....amazing what you learn about some of the aircraft....The MD-83 is one amazing aircraft to look at... Those engines are huge!-John

Guest Jonathan Stewart

Thanks for all your comments guys/gals! We'll be releasing a patch/update to the model shortly that will adress some of the issues people have been noticing.Be on the lookout for all of our repaints too for the MD-83. We've got a lot of them, so we're still uploading. You'll be able to get the model at flightsim.com, simviation, and a couple other popular websites.Be sure to check out our forums for a link to a really cool and fully functional MD-83 panel with fully functioning overhead!

Guest Arrington

GREAT job on this release John. :) It looks super! :-beerchug

"Thanks for all your comments guys/gals! We'll be releasing a patch/update to the model shortly that will adress some of the issues people have been noticing."I must be blind Jon.... Other than the fan issue which Steve Edumacated me on, I think it looks perfect...