Sign in to follow this  

Like last time, I see that someone isn't reading what I wrote. It is really really really annoying to start getting into the same debate again with you this way (jbinner). I already mentioned the RSS Buttons all over AVSIM. You don't need to point me in that direction, again. The Feed43, as explained in my previous post, even WITH directions to what I am seeing, you don't seem to understand.But fine, if that's the response I am getting, then I will remove the AVSim feed from the page I mentioned and am sad to say that this isn't improving my overall satisfaction. I think I will have to start looking higher up the ladder. Thanks.

Perhaps if you sir, would READ the entire post that I sent yesterday:"Edit: I see from a previous post now that we have been down this road before. The feed43 link on the front page does work for me. I am not sure why it doesn't work for your site. It bring up a listing of news. Since our current site doesn't "link" to stories, there is no other way to XML the feed. At some point when we get a new site online, and we know how well it went last time with the community, RSS will be a part of it."WE DO NOT PRESENTLY HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO XML OUR OWN NEWS ON THE FRONT PAGE. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?And your "complaint" has been passed along. I am sure someone else will be in touch.

Actually, where can I file complaints on this board?

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

WE DO NOT PRESENTLY HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO XML OUR OWN NEWS ON THE FRONT PAGE. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?
Hm. No offense, but that's a weird statement.I'm a web designer, want me to help you make these things? Like a do-over or something and some pages so you can control the contents AND feeds better? But then I would certainly recommend feedburner over feed43.

None taken, as you don't know the news program we are presently using to generate news. Without giving away too much of how the back end works, it's not possible. The re-design team is working on the NEW page, using Wordpress, which WILL produce RSS feeds automatically. Until then, no, we will not have RSS except for feed43, unless you can find another service for FREE that can produce an RSS from our CURRENT setup, then I am all ears.

Hm. No offense, but that's a weird statement.I'm a web designer, want me to help you make these things? Like a do-over or something and some pages so you can control the contents AND feeds better? But then I would certainly recommend feedburner over feed43.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler