Sign in to follow this  
twowolves

repaint panel black request ?

Hi.Woundering if someone could do a black panel.For the 208 and cargomaster 208.Two Wolves

That would be nice, I really like the interiors ORBX has done for the C182 RG and C152 and love it if they did one for the Caravan! Who knows....

HiYour post got me thinking, which is not something I like to do to much of, but never the less it got my wondering what she would look like with a black / dark panel, now this is only a first attempt and I have only ever done one previous panel mod like this, but is this something like the finish you were looking for. Now I know this is and will not be up to the standards of the ORBX panels and I still have to figure out a good finish for the night lighting effect but I am getting to like the idea of a black / dark panel variant for the C208 so I will keep tinkering with her if only to see what I can come up with. Any comments, ideas or observations are more than welcome. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Say, thanks for taking this on, Jim. Looks very nice already! Personaly, I would be very interested. I think the dark panel will look quite nice in the 208. Cheers,Fritz

Hi.Jim great work on the black panel.Thank you for taking the time to do a black panel.Can't until its done.Again Thanks.Two Wolves

Hi all Firstly thank you for the encouraging words, I really do appreciate them, secondly just in case you wanted to be unpaid beta testers I have sent you both a PM with a download link for the V1 files (I am sure there will be more iterations before it's done), so if you do decide to give the mod a run through then the files and installation instructions are included in the Zip archive in the download link. Take care, and thanks again for the comments. Jim Hodkinson

Hi again I managed to get some more work in on the night lighting of the C208 panel, I toned down the night lighting and added a bit of colour to it as well as finishing off the switch panel surrounds, I think it's an improvement but I could really do with a fresh set of eyes so to speak as I have been tweaking this a little bit at a time and I am getting a little bit panel blind for the want of a better phrase, so if when you next fly the C208 you could also take the V2 panel for a spin I would really appreciate it and any comments or suggestions that you may have. With that in mind I have sent you all a new PM with a fresh download link for the updated files. Thanks again for taking the time out to look at this modification for me. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim, I just loaded your textures and they look nice! I spent all day yesterday adding reality xp fln & flt gauges and they actually look much better with a black panel, that light black is the same color of the rxp gauges. Here's a pic:

Me too Jim, if you wouldn't mind. Kiss.gif Thanks to you I've just rediscovered the 208. Dreadful to think how many really nice aircraft there are, that get lost in the dark corners of our hangars. Cheers, Ron

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Ron Absolutly no problem, the more the merrier, I have sent you a PM with the download link for the V3 files and the installation instructions, but you probably already know that. Take care, and have fun, Jim Hodkinson

Be careful Jim, you may get a job for life! Black panel for the C152 anyone? biggrin.png

Installed it, had a tootle round in it and the verdict is......Perfect! Bloody well done! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Hi Ron Thank you for those very kind words, not sure if they are deserved but they are appreciated, but mainly thank you for volunteering to test out the panel and for providing the feedback, I really do appreciate it, as for the panel itself there were more than a couple of things that needed to get straightened out, but between us all we seem to have got the balance about right, at least I hope we have. So thanks again for both the kind comments and the feedback, not to mention taking the time out to test the panel in the first place. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson