Sign in to follow this  
twowolves

repaint panel black request ?

Hi again Sorry about this but I found a small error on the latest V3 panel mod, the area around the parking brake was incorrectly masked out which left an area around it show in a mid grey colour and not the actual panels colour, it's not a big problem I know but if you do want to update the files then I have sent you all a PM with a new download link for the full file set, I'm pretty sure I have sent you all a copy of the download link, but just in case my mind is having a day off I thought I would cover all the bases by posting here, so if I missed you out on the PM then let me know and please accept my apologies. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi It's not a problem posting the link to the files as far as I am concerned, but if the forum moderators would rather I did not then they can feel free to delete the link, so with that in mind here you go.. http://www.mediafire.com/?3oqvo9ay6ell86x Please keep in mind that this is still really a beta version until we can all check it out and iron out any possible issues, and if you happen to find anything that you think could do with looking at then just let me know and I will try my best to help if I can. Jim Hodkinson

I'm disappointed. Shoddy work will not be tolerated. Now get a grip for God's sake! rolleyes.gif

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi I know but at my age things like this happen more and more, the didn’t a while ago, OK so it was a long while ago, but I promise to try harder next time. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

Hi Thanks a lot for the feedback and the kind words, both really are appreciated, I must admit that I like the darker / black panel myself so really I guess it's thanks to Twowolves for the initial suggestion. Don’t forget that should you find anything you want me to take another look at then just let me know and I will see what can be done. Take care, and thanks again. Jim Hodkinson

You asked for it! biggrin.pngCessna C152 (Carenado of course) Here's one I flew earlier.blackpanel.jpg

Hi Ron Just a small problem, and my apologies if I misled you, but I don’t actually have the C152, but I do know somebody that does so all is not totally lost yet. I asked for a texture folder from the 152 just to see what was what, and while doing that I thought I would have a very quick play around and up to now this is what she looks like in the sim. The problem with doing it blind so to speak, is that it could take a very long time to get anything done as I have to send them to be flown and then get shots and comments back, tweak the files and repeat, now I don’t mind having a go I'm just letting you know the state of play. One more thing that I was asked was do you want this only in the VC view as apparently the C152 has a 2D cockpit that my tester can not really access as like myself he has the EZDok camera system installed which makes using any 2Dviews next to impossible so a 2D dark panel may be questionable at best. Anyway as I said here is a very rough first run through, just for testing the viability of the mod. Jim Hodkinson

Hey Jim, The dark panel for the 208 is a definite winner. I much prefer it to the original. Thanks a bushel! Cheers,Fritz

Hi Fritz You are more than welcome, and thanks for testing her out and the feedback, I couldn’t have done it without you guys, thanks again. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

You ARE a star. I hope you get as much out of this work as we do. As for a 'rough first time', there are some that would be happy to call that 'done'

Hi Ron Just a quick update on the progress of the C152 panel, I have sent you a PM with a download link for the first run through of the dark panel, I think that from the screen shots I have seen that it looks a bit on the blue side but you can't be sure with screen shots, so see as you have the aircraft and at the end of the day it's your call, so if possible could you take the modified textures for a quick spin to see what you think of the colour shade of the panel. By the way I probably spend as much time tinkering with things in FSX as I do flying, and getting just as much enjoyment out of it as well, in fact I have only just noticed when reinstalling FSX on the new system that I have a couple of pay-ware aircraft that I have yet to fly, so I know what you mean by things that get lost in the dark corners of the hanger. Looking forward to your thoughts on the texture finish of the C152 panel. Jim Hodkinson

PM sent. Thinks! Maybe a moderator can make a new thread. This 208 thread had been hijacked mightily. My fault, sorry