Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Orientalsim - Jomo kenyatta intl airport

Looking at the screenshots, it seems as though the resolution of the included ground textures is rather low. Is this really the case, or are the settings of your FSX installation set lower to cope with performance issues?
You have to bear in mind the computer I was running it on at the time of the review (i.e. two years ago back in 2009). Look in the specs on that review and you'll see why I had to make some compromises at the time, since I wanted smooth high FPS for those tricky approaches. Nowadays I can fly around there with all the detail sliders on full throttle and still get decent FPS with it all looking a lot sharper.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You have to bear in mind the computer I was running it on at the time of the review (i.e. two years ago back in 2009). Look in the specs on that review and you'll see why I had to make some compromises at the time, since I wanted smooth high FPS for those tricky approaches. Nowadays I can fly around there with all the detail sliders on full throttle and still get decent FPS with it all looking a lot sharper.Al
Good, I was already worried that the textures as they are on the screenshots were the full resolution. Just wanted to know for sure "from the horse's mouth".

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Isn't the next Ultimate Terrain series going to be Africa and the Middle East?
I only know of the next Ground Environment X being for Africa and the Middle East. Haven't heard such news of Ultimate Terrain X, though...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for HU! Much appreciated.

Benjamin van Soldt

Thanks for the HU. That forum link also includes a discount coupon, so another thanks there, Trisager. :(

Nice. that's a pretty nice job and EUR16.00 is pretty good.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Had $27.96 (19.57EUR) here, still being nice. I've used the coupon. For the coverage given, this is close to stealing.Wondering how this will show up.

Major upgrade for GEX North America users when installed with GEX NA
So I install Africa and get NA enhanced. Sort of a library update, huh?

Nice review Benjamin.Well Done.I have been looking out for someone to do this partiucular airport as my late father was stationed at the ex-RAF base at Eastleigh,Nairobi,which went on to become the first international airport before Embakasi airport,later to be renamed Jomo Kenyatta after its first post-independence President.