Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Question regarding gate radius on ADE files

Hello Gang!For some reason I am unable to get the Lufthansa A380 to show up at Aerosoft's EDDF. I have modified the AFCAD file with ADE to be able to support the best but I can get any other aircraft to show up in the airport except the A380. If I de-install the scenery and install any other AFCAD file the A380s magically appear. Can anyone shed some light as to what I may be overlooking?Thanks!Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

It may be a gate radius issue for your EDDF afcad. In ADE, you will want to change the gate radius to at least 42 at the gates you want the A380 to park at. In my afcad, I have assigned the following gates as gate heavy (radius 41) per real life parking for the Lufthansa A380 at EDDF:B46C14C15I believe they mostly use the C gates listed above (which were purpose built for the A380 with the double air bridges, but may use B46 too)Another option to be sure the A380 uses those bigger gates, is to assign the code "DLHB" to those parking gates AND the airline code for your AI a380 in its aircraft cfg file. But the most important step is making sure the radius is big enough to accommodate the A380's bigger wingspan, otherwise they will either disappear upon landing, not spawn at all, or go park somewhere away from the terminals if there are bigger radius spots elsewhere (perhaps in the cargo area).When it comes to AFCADs, most have to have some of their parking spots enlarged to fit the A380 since most default to a maximum size of 36m radius (fine for a 747, but not the Airbus superjumbo). I taken this step for all my airports where the A380 flys to, using research on the internet to determine where they park in real life.

The A-380 has a wing span of 79.75m, but in FSX, it depends on what the modeller specified in the aircraft.cfg.

Wonderful!Thanks for your reply!That helped quite a bit.Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello Gang!For some reason I am unable to get the Lufthansa A380 to show up at Aerosoft's EDDF. I have modified the AFCAD file with ADE to be able to support the best but I can get any other aircraft to show up in the airport except the A380. If I de-install the scenery and install any other AFCAD file the A380s magically appear. Can anyone shed some light as to what I may be overlooking?Thanks!Dennis D. Mullert
Will the 380 show up at the default EDDF?If so, where? There are 50m cargo spots and 36m large gates. Sounds to me like there is a problem with Aerosofts file.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Dear allHow is it possible to edit Aerosoft EDDF with ADE? I cannot open any of the .bgl. Are we talking about MegaAirport EDDF (which I have and at which I have the same issue)?BestCF