Sign in to follow this  
sarahguiney

Please help me!

I'm really looking for help with my fsx and don't know where to look so I thought I would try here since PMDG users generally have a strong grasp of FS. Here we go, i just deleted some aircraft (freeware and such, no default) from my simobjects/aircraft folder, now when i select an aircraft (payware), my nav, beacon and strobe lights do not work. Also when I exit my flight, i get a CTD. Another funny thing, i can see all my exterior lights in tower view, but not in spot, and I am also worried about this CTD bit. Any bit of help someone could offer that would save me from reinstalling fsx, since i have ALOT of addons in there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.PS. I get this problem with most of my aircraft.

I've had the same issue few months ago and to fix it, i run the FSX DVD (use the repair option). Hope it will help.

Real Deraps

It shouldnt affect your addons, it should fix the missing files that were probably removed by accident when you deleted your aircraft. however just in case have your planes ready for reinstall just incase

It shouldnt affect your addons, it should fix the missing files that were probably removed by accident when you deleted your aircraft. however just in case have your planes ready for reinstall just incase
But it will overwrite any files that were initially installed with fsx. What this means, is that if an addon replaced an effect or any other default file, after the repair process the file would be restored to the default fsx one.Example: 123ABC.xxx - Original FSX FileAddon replaces 123ABC.xxx with a new file, but retains the file nameFSX Repair overwrites 123ABC.xxx with the default fileHopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. :( I can't seem to get my thought out clearly. Edited by Efussander

You'd better try a complete reinstallation. That's the most promising solution.

What about a system restore? If FSX is installed in the default location files should be retrievable. Definitely worth a shot in my book.**EDIT**When you deleted the files, did you send them to the "Recycle Bin"? Try restoring from there.