Sign in to follow this  
207p

Add-ons menu

Hello i am using FSx on Windows 7 but every time i get an addon like FSUIPC or FSInn it never displays and addons tab just the standard one should i delete my fsx.cfg?

Hi,No, there is nothing in the .cfg file for this. So, when you install FSUIPC you can't see it under the Add-ons tab? That points to a different problem. Do you have FSX installed outside of the Program Files folder?

No i have fsinn and fsuipc even with nothing and adding one i can still not see it. It is program files(x86)

The DLL.XML is located (by default) at C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlOpen the file with Notepad.Are the FSUIPC and FSCopilot entries included in the DLL.XML?If they are, they may be formatted incorrectly (with spaces). There are XML checkers available out there in the wild woods of the internet.Is the file accessible to FSX?Right-click on the DLL.XML icon and select PROPERTIES, then select the SECURITY tab. Do you have full access from the permissions at the bottom of the Security?

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

There is an entry for fsuipc and it says <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>is there anything wrong the permissions are fine.

You'll have to check the entire dll.xml file with a xml checker.Is UAC off?Is FSX installed in its OWN folder (not the Program Files folder)?

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

There is an entry for fsuipc and it says <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>is there anything wrong the permissions are fine.
I think your file is fine. Verify that Fsuipc4 is installed in the Modules folder in FSX. My guess is that if you let the FSUIPC installer do the installing, everything is where it should be. Unless you turn off User Account Control, you are going to have endless problems with FS. You can give yourself all the permissions you want, but still may have problems. Your FS is installed in the Program Files (x86), which is controled by UAC. Best practice is to never install anything you plan to modify (like FS) in the default Program Files (or x86) folders.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

It is in the modules folder but where else should i install aka move it to. I moved the UAC slider all the way down in windows 7. I checked it with an xml validity chacker and got Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema type (DTD, W3C Schema) within this document instance.FSx is installed in program files(x86)/microsoft games/MIrosoft flightsimulator x

Also, make sure you have all FSX and SDK SPs installed.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I have the FSX SP installed but SDK? Also where should i put my main fs folder so it is not controlled somewhere else than prgrm files (x86)

Hi,You do not need the SDKs for FSUIPC to be installed or used. Pete would have a field day with that one! Install FSX to C:\\FSX or C:\\FS10. Yes, you need to do a Custom Install in order to set your own path!!

I concur with "DShutt", you may have the entry for the other add-on missing in dll.xmlI think FSInn cannot be installed on FSX without FSCopilot.According to this site "You must start the installation by installing FSCopilot 1.3 first and only after that install FSINN": http://www.simmiles.com/airline/fsinn-fscopilot.phpRemove FSInnMake sure UAC is disabled, then try re-installing FSCopilot & FSInnGerald R.http://www.multicrewxp.com