Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

PMDG B1900D sound cfg question

Good morning all, Are there any parameters in the sound cfg file that can be adjusted to allow for the engine sounds to be controlled by the prop as oposed to the power levers (as it is in real life). I realise that this is an age old issue with flight sim, but I'm curious to know if anyone has ever found a usable work around to this dilemna (esp in the case of the 1900D since it's one of my favourite aircraft for FS9). I guess it would be somewhat of a compromise since the power levels do play a part in the engine sounds as well, depending on the particular configuration, e.g. takeoff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.ThanksJermaine Clarke

Jermaine,No unfortunately - this is way beyond the scope of what these products were. We can do it (basically did it with the J41), but it takes a ton of custom programming to get around the crappy FS turboprop modelling.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Jermaine,No unfortunately - this is way beyond the scope of what these products were. We can do it (basically did it with the J41), but it takes a ton of custom programming to get around the crappy FS turboprop modelling.
Ok, understood. Are there any plans to do a complete re-work of the 1900 anytime in the future? I think it'd be a great idea, since it's still a very popular product in the FS world.