Sign in to follow this  
michal

Taxi way lights?

Guest macman4

Is there any way to change the way the green taxiway lights look. mine are very big and blury. I have changed the size of the runway lights but can't figure out the taxiway lights. thanks, Bob

Guest Mark02

Hi Bob...Am not sure if u can actually asjust the taxiway light size.Yep, you can adjust the runway lights using the CFG file, but the taxiway lights remain the same even if the runway lights are made a lot bigger.Hope this helps anyway!Mark :-)

>Yep, you can adjust the runway lights using the CFG file, but>the taxiway lights remain the same even if the runway lights>are made a lot bigger.That's a pity since it means that Chris Arrington's airport night enhanced package probably leaves the taxi lights unchanged.Michael J.

Guest Mark02

Hi Michael,Chris Arringtons lights work great :DI think its to do with the actual size that the light was made in the first place, and then the CFG can be used to adjust it more.But I did notice that if u pick high values for runway lights, and look closely at taxiway lights there are not the same size.Mark

There's some file available which will change the lights' general appereance, making them smaller and more crisp (not by editing the CFG but rather changing halo.bmp), but I cannot recall the file name.

Hi, In the fs9.cfg the runway lights value, control the taxi lights value at the same time, if you reduce the value from the runways lights, the taxi light will decrease also.the line is.RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 or 0.5 or 00.5 etc.-To get your runways configs light size add these line under fs9.cfg display: RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs) ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Micheal, "That's a pity since it means that Chris Arrington's airport night enhanced package probably leaves the taxi lights unchanged"They look very very good, but it's your decision, since most files is near 3x larger in size Kb/Mb compare to the default one, this can cause stutter and lower frame rate near all airports compare to the default one because the texture are larger and eat more in your video cards.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Mark02

Hi Chris, I didnt think the taxi lights adjusted aswell as the runway lights did. I remember increasing the size of runway lights and not noticing an increase in taxi lights.Mark

Hi Mark, You are correct, I have confusing this with the bmp.But if you are using the default or Chris Arrington's airport , there should be no problems with the blur taxi light or the green. The taxi light blur or the green big, can appears if you use the lowest -zoom view 0.50 zoom or lower, in your cockpit or external, but in normal view, there is no problems.Default fs2004, default fs2004 view,(no lowers zoom -) no blur or big green lights http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51413.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Thanks for this piece of good news Chris.Michael J.