Sign in to follow this  
RickSinGA

2D gauges help

Just starting to actually use FSX and I have run into something that I can't figure out. I run TH2Go and occasionally switch between VC and 2D view; F9-F10. When I go into 2d I have only a panel of the horizon, pushing W toggles to full screen view, of course the view is looking forward outside of the plane. This is not a problem. Occasionally I will see the basic instruments stretched, because of the aspect ratio, across the bottom of the screen. Toggling the W key will bring it up and make it go away. The problem is this isn’t what always happens. About 50% of the time the gauges will not appear. If that happens the only way to get them to come back up is exit FSX and come back in again. There is no guarantee that the gauges will appear but if they do they typically are there for the duration of that flight and other flights I ,might take before exiting FSX again. I have searched the Key Commands but cannot find a key to bring those gauge up if they didn't appear to begin with. Thanks Rick S.

Just starting to actually use FSX and I have run into something that I can't figure out. I run TH2Go and occasionally switch between VC and 2D view; F9-F10. When I go into 2d I have only a panel of the horizon, pushing W toggles to full screen view, of course the view is looking forward outside of the plane. This is not a problem. Occasionally I will see the basic instruments stretched, because of the aspect ratio, across the bottom of the screen. Toggling the W key will bring it up and make it go away. The problem is this isn’t what always happens. About 50% of the time the gauges will not appear. If that happens the only way to get them to come back up is exit FSX and come back in again. There is no guarantee that the gauges will appear but if they do they typically are there for the duration of that flight and other flights I ,might take before exiting FSX again. I have searched the Key Commands but cannot find a key to bring those gauge up if they didn't appear to begin with. Thanks Rick S.
Rick - When your panel gauges disappear, try zooming out a bit. As I understand TH2Go, in 2D mode, a single image (view fwd & panel) is stretched across the 3 monitors. Presumably something has to be sheared off top and bottom to fit the extra wide format of 3 monitors. I'm guessing that's why you sometimes only see a partial panel.AR

Rick - When your panel gauges disappear, try zooming out a bit. As I understand TH2Go, in 2D mode, a single image (view fwd & panel) is stretched across the 3 monitors. Presumably something has to be sheared off top and bottom to fit the extra wide format of 3 monitors. I'm guessing that's why you sometimes only see a partial panel.AR
I tried zooming out, it moved me back but no gauges. It's funny because sometimes when I first go into a FSX flight I will see the basic 4 or 5 gauges stretched across the bottom of all 3 monitors in 2D mode and other times I will not. If not, I have to restart FSX and maybe it they will show up this time. I don't always use the 2D view but it is nice from time to time. More than anything it is aggravating to not have things work the same way every time! Kind of like the brake button not working every time on my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke; works one time but not the next, confusing!I am a novice to FSX so there is always, usually, things I have overlooked or don't completely understand.

Go to windowed mode instead of restarting FSX. You may concider opening 2D in a separate undocked window, you can avoid the stretched distorted image. After fixing the 2D view go from windowed to full screen mode again.Bjorn

Go to windowed mode instead of restarting FSX. You may concider opening 2D in a separate undocked window, you can avoid the stretched distorted image. After fixing the 2D view go from windowed to full screen mode again.Bjorn
Not exactly sure what you mean Bjorn. I am running across three screens and I can go to Full Screen mode which brings it all to the center screen. The gauges in 2D did show correctly across the bottom of the screen with the first aircraft I selected. When I go back to triple screens the gauges stretch across three screens again. The stretching isn't the problem, sorry if I wasn't clear. After loading FSX a few minutes ago the 2D showed correctly, with the gauges, in the R182. I closed the flight and loaded the C172 and went to the 2D window. The gauges were not there. I pushed the "W" key several times but they never came back. I closed the C172 and went back to the 182 and the gauges were not there either. Changing to windowed view did not bring the gauges back on either aircraft.My problem seems to be the lack or repeatability if that makes any sense.Any ideas?ThanksRick S.